Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Improvements to TaskFilter API class

Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:16 AM

About 9 months ago, I opened a new enhancement request, and it has so far garnered only one vote (other than mine). I thought I would raise awareness of this idea, because it could be interesting to others. If you like the idea, please vote for it.

Improvements to TaskFilter API class

TheTaskFilterclass of the AE Java Application Interface could be greatly improved with a couple of changes.

1. TaskFilter should have a way to filter by original object  name, and not just by task alias. Despite the method name, setObjectName  actually filters by task alias and not by object name. (Effectively, it  searches the EH_Alias field of the EH table, and not the EH_Name  field.)
    2. The methods of TaskFilter that specify the task alias  (or object name) should have another signature that takes as its  argument anarray of strings.
    Right now the only way to search for the active tasks associated with a list of objects is an SQL query. E.g.,
    select EH_AH_Idnr, EH_Alias, EH_Name, EH_status from EH where EH_Name in ('OBJECT_NAME_1','OBJECT_NAME_2','OBJECT_NAME_3');
    This works fine, but there should be an equivalent and straightforward way to do the same thing via the APIs.

I discovered the first limitation way back in September of 2014.

• 2.  Improvements to TaskFilter API class

Posted Mar 20, 2018 06:22 AM

I would like to raise awareness about this limitation and hopefully drum up support for the idea.

Despite its name, the setObjectName(java.lang.String filter) method of the TaskFilter API class does not filter by object name. Instead, it filters by task alias. There is currently no way (using the Java APIs) to filter the activity list by object name.

If you think there ought to be a way to do this, please consider voting for the idea.

• 3.  RE: Improvements to TaskFilter API class

Posted Apr 03, 2023 06:52 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Apr 03, 2023 06:52 AM

Broadcom deleted the idea.