Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Jan 22, 2018 04:22 AM

In earlier versions (V10 and older), the script statement :ADD_ATT (https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.1/DOCU/12.1/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#AE_AWA_Source/Script/ucabgs.htm) could add more email-addresses to a notification object using this syntax:

:ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, 'testuser1@mail.com;testuser2@mail.com'

In fact, this was not the correct behavior. If you look at the documentation (link above), it states: It (script statement :ADD_ATT) adds the specified user, user group or email address to the list of recipients that should be notified

I.e., it can always add only one address. But it can be called several times. In V12, use it like that:

:ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, 'testuser1@mail.com'

:ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, 'testuser2@mail.com'

Then the Notification-Object goes to both recipients.

• 2.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Jan 22, 2018 06:05 AM
    This is good, valuable information.

One wonders though, again, why this is not in either the "Information" or "Known Errors" on automic.com, or the known incompatibilities in the AWA guide (I just checked the section "Upgrading an AE System from Version 10 to Version 12.1") ? I mean, this would be the exact sort of information prone to potentially break scripts after an update, which should be collated in the "check before you upgrade" section?

Best regards,

• 3.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:09 AM
    Hello Josef_Kaiser-Muehlecker_99 ,

Quick question. Is there a difference between
    :ADD_ATT OPERATOR
    :ADD_ATT RECIPIENT

I found that function recently. Looks like it does the same as :ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, including the fixed behavior in V12. But I wasn't able to find any documentation on that.

Regards, Matthias

• 4.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:23 AM
    Hi Matthias, 

the parameter "OPERATOR" is a relique from an old Automic version. Here a screenshot of the good old times of Version 5.00A

hgaiybxk1c3z.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/z8/hgaiybxk1c3z.png" width="959">

I dont know when it was changed, but it came from the time when the Notification Object was called "CallOperator" which was changed from Version 8.00A to 9.00A, if i dont speak the truth, Banhammer should speak over me ;)

The Parameter PUT_ATT Operator is still working, but it should not be used in new created objects (and if you have the chance to change it in older objects, I would suggest to do it)

** EDIT: Sorry for the german screenshot, i only had a german Version of 5.00A documentation available on my hand, but you get the gist.

• 5.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:03 AM
    :)  Thanks for that little dive into ancient Automic history Harald_Heidinger_152

Now I know how archeologists feel when they find one of those ancient, rare mammoth bones after month of shoveling. Already told our users not to use it any more and replace it with "RECIPIENT". After all we still had 54 occurences in all our objects.

P.S: Don't worry about the german screenshot. Just pretending to be from the kindom or the colonies

• 6.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:13 AM
    MatthiasSchelp since I was already there in that time, I feel like the tip of the toe of the mammoth now ;) - gosh, am I old...

Thanks for giving me a chance to have a little excourse to the times when the ships were still sailing your phone was on the board in the corridor and not in your pocket, and the Workflow was still the JobPlan ;)

btw, as a little goodie i ll send you a PM right now with a bit more of "Legacy" ;)

• 7.  How to add more then one recipients to a notification object using script functions

Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:14 AM
    Harald Heidinger said:
    MatthiasSchelp since I was already there in that time, I feel like the tip of the toe of the mammoth now ;) - gosh, am I old...
    The truly amazing thing however is: this company started with version 9 afaik, so it's amazing people got legacy stuff from version 8 into the system  :s