Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 04:05 PM
    Is it possible to lock down object deactivation? I would prefer that users only deactivate tasks within their parents (either the schedule or parent workflow) to maintain consistency and visibility. Several times recently, more novice users have deactivated jobs or workflows by unchecking the "Active" box on the Header tab. Sometimes accidentally, sometimes because they were asked to make a temporary change, but then didn't undo the change. Then when the object is scheduled to run, it doesn't because of the "inactive due to definition". Confusion ensues. Adequate communication is great and all, but is there any way I can just clamp down that box so only one or two people have the right to deactivate objects?

• 2.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Jan 26, 2018 03:06 AM
    I am afraid explicitly deactivating this credential only is not possible.

You can grant users Write or read permissions but in Privilgees tab there is (to my knowledge) no possibility for this.

We have a Workaround for this - everyday runs a script that checks (and sends an email) of objects that are manually set to inactive and/or have a breakpoint set.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2018 11:43 AM
    Even when you have tighter controls, the authorized staff can still forget.  We run an audit periodically to review our inactive objects (we haven't had a problem with breakpoints);

select oh_name, oh_otype 
    from oh
    where oh_inactive = 1
    and oh_deleteflag = 0
    and oh_client = 401
    order by 1;

• 4.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 02:13 PM
    Thanks for the tips!!! This will work! =)

• 5.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:19 PM
    I added a few more useful columns to the SQL I posted to tell you who and when the object was last modified;

select oh_client
         , oh_name
          , oh_otype 
          , (select OH_Name
             from oh
              where oh_moduseridnr = OH_Idnr) as MODIFIED_BY
         , dateadd(hour, datediff(hour, getutcdate(), getdate()), OH_ModDate) as MODIFIED_DATE     
    from oh
    where oh_inactive = 1
    and oh_deleteflag = 0
    order by 1, 2;

• 6.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the info.

FrankMuffke, which part of SQL will be catching Breakpoints set?

petwir, For MS SQL Server I had to adjust a  SQL query a bit, it did not like original subquery for MODIFIED_BY.

SELECT DBO.OH.OH_CLIENT, DBO.OH.OH_NAME, DBO.OH.OH_OTYPE, OH_1.OH_NAME AS MODIFIED_BY, DATEADD(HOUR, DATEDIFF(HOUR, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), DBO.OH.OH_MODDATE) AS MODIFIED_DATE FROM     DBO.OH LEFT OUTER JOIN                   DBO.OH AS OH_1 ON DBO.OH.OH_MODUSERIDNR = OH_1.OH_IDNR WHERE DBO.OH.OH_INACTIVE = 1 AND DBO.OH.OH_DELETEFLAG = 0 AND DBO.OH.OH_OTYPE <> 'FOLD' ORDER BY 1, 2;

• 7.  Preventing Object Deactivation (Header tab) through security ?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 01:42 AM
    Hi Vlad_Navazhylau_6186

in this thread
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/29365#Comment_29365

you will find my export in the last posting.

cheers, Wolfgang