AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Changes to Automic Support

Anon Anon

Anon AnonMar 08, 2018 05:47 AM

• 1.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Jan 26, 2018 02:15 PM

In this post, you will find information on upcoming changes to Automic Support. Over the past year, CA and Automic have been working diligently to ensure that there is little impact to our customers as we fully integrate our support teams. Beginning in January, Automic will start to integrate with the CA Technologies Support organization and our goal is to keep you well informed throughout the transition.

Emails have been sent out alerting you to these pending changes and in this post we are providing additional details on what is changing and when those changes will take place.

Beginning Friday, April 13, at 8pm Eastern Daylight Time, users of Automic Support will be redirected to support.ca.com. There will be no case management access on support.ca.com from Saturday, April 14 at 5am until midnight Saturday night. If you need to open or update a case during this time, please call: +1(425) 633-2580 or +43 5 708 080 to reach CA Automic Support directly. Should you need another local phone number, please consult the link Contact support.

Please go to the following link to get to know all the support and services that CA offers:

Why is this happening?

• We want to provide the customer with one single way to support all their CA product suites
              - One support portal
              - One login for all CA sites
              - One set of support processes
    • This is being done to support mixed solutions where CA|Automic products may interact with other CA products. This will ease the customer interaction with support, we will have the ability to seamlessly work with other support groups through a single support platform.   
    • CA is heavily investing in improving their support tools and process. We want Automic customers to benefit from these investments.

Key Changes to support:

Support.automic.com will switch tosupport.ca.com

• A  password reset will be required to log into the CA portal.
    • Layout of the portal will look and feel differently.  
    • All CA products will be searchable in the knowledge system.
    • License related requests will need to be done by contacting Customer Care, rather than through the portal. Link to Phone Numbers
    • All communication and updates will take place through the original case. Problem cases will be managed internally to help cluster cases into common issues. For our customers there will only be one case to maintain.
    • Cases can only be created via the portal or by calling support. A case reference will be generated after its creation. Emails with no case reference will not get processed.
    • Change to be completed by April 16 2018.

Contacting support using the phone

• Former phone number willcontinue to work.
    • The ability to contact support directly will remain.
    • The new numbers will be on the support.ca.com site under the“contact support”link.
    • The prompts to get a CA Automic Automation support engineer will be different.

Starting in April, Automic customers will have access to CA support offerings

Automic Community will migrate to communities.ca.com

• Posts will remain accessible and direct links to them will redirect to the new address on CA’s community.
    • Subscriptions to posts will remain.
    • The CA community platform is very similar to the Automic platform.
    • A password reset will be required. 

Automic Ideas will move to CA's community

The Automic Marketplace will remain intact 

• With the password reset for communities you will have access to the Automation Market Place.
    • You will be able to access the Marketplace through the Automic community. 

Changes related to the eLearning center:

Automic university changing to CA Learning Center

• Starting in April 2018, the Automic eLearning center will only be accessible to those with Active learning credits. All credits will need to be activated by March 31, 2018. After that point eLearning for the Automic products can be purchased through the CA learning center.
    • Courses on the Automic learning center will remain active with the credits already active until March 31, 2019.
    • The CA Education and Training center will offer new One Automation learning paths and certifications.
    • Here is a link to the CA Education and Training center
    • Change will take place between January and March 2018.

• 2.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 05, 2018 04:58 AM
    Hi Ben_Caffell_45 ,

cheers for the insughtful post. Just a heads-up:

Emails have been sent out alerting you to these pending changes and in this post we are providing additional details on what is changing and when those changes will take place.

We (both my colleague and myself) can not recall having received any such e-mail.

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 05, 2018 09:55 AM
    Carsten_Schmitz_7883
    I have received a couple people saying that the email had been blocked by their corporate filters because of the amount of people the email was sent out to. 

This is the message that was sent out: 

Upcoming Support       Changes

Now that we’ve formed an all-star team with CA       Technologies, we’ll be making a few changes to cement our place at the       top.

Over the next few months you will start to see changes and       enhancements to your support services, most of which will take place in       Spring 2018. 

To follow the progress and receive alert updates, please       follow us on community.

• 4.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 05, 2018 10:00 AM
    Cheers Ben_Caffell_45.

That's indeed a possibility I at least can't fully dismiss :)

• 5.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 05, 2018 02:00 PM
    I have not seen an email regarding this subject.  I'd like to hear from someone that they actually got an email on this subject?

I got an email from support this last week because of a problem I've reported.  But I would be concerned if this new email was supposed to originate from a new-to-us 'ca' customer system, and it may or may not be working as designed?   And if it did work as designed, perhaps it didn't target the lowly technicians like me?

• 6.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 05, 2018 05:03 PM
    The email came from our marketing team. So it would have been from Marketo or Hubspot. 

• 7.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:45 AM
    Pitty one can't make polls in an existing thread.

So out of curiosity: Upvote this post if you didn't get the mail. Downvote it if you did.

(something tells me my karma score won't go net negative on this one, but ... :) )

• 8.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:00 AM

Hi Ben,

I haven't received any notification emails

we are currently using the new portalhttps://automic.force.com/support/

and the old one only for licenses https://orsyp.secure.force.com

please let us know if there are any coming changes to that setup 

Daniel G. 

• 9.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:26 AM
    I have posted 325 discussions and 1478 comments on community.automic.com. I trust these will be preserved following the integration with CA, and that any links in discussion posts will also be updated to point to the correct new locations.

• 10.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi Ben,

I haven't received any notification emails

we are currently using the new portalhttps://automic.force.com/support/

and the old one only for licenseshttps://orsyp.secure.force.com

please let us know if there are any coming changes to that setup 

Daniel G. 

Support.automic.com and https://automic.force.com/support/ will switch to support.ca.com

• A  password reset will be required to log into the CA portal.
    • Layout of the portal will look and feel differently.  
    • License related requests will need to be done by contacting CA Customer Assistance, rather than through the portal or using https://orsyp.secure.force.comLink to Phone Numbers

• 11.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:18 AM
    Michael Lowry said:
    I have posted 325 discussions and 1478 comments on community.automic.com. I trust these will be preserved following the integration with CA, and that any links in discussion posts will also be updated to point to the correct new locations.
    The intention is to migrate what has taken place in the Automic community and move it to the CA community. CA loves how active our community is and wants that to continue. We are working to ensure that continues. I personally like the community platform CA is using. It should be an uplift in experience. Of course it will be different from this one and will take a little getting used to, but all and all it has more to offer than this one. 

Luu_Le_185 Can you provide more details on what everyone should expect from the community migration?

• 12.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 11:48 AM
    Dear Ben

when is that migration to support.ca.com expected? And what do we need to do get access to that new portal?

Daniel G. 

• 13.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 12:36 PM
    Michael_Lowry
    I have posted 325 discussions and 1478 comments on community.automic.com. I trust these will be preserved following the integration with CA, and that any links in discussion posts will also be updated to point to the correct new locations.
    Yes, these will be preserved; we will be moving all discussions, comments, any embedded images/attached files, any links redirecting to another post will be updated and all community accounts. 

The community platform CA is using will give more options; in term of editing functionality, posting and sharing contents.  Additionally, product ideas will be coming back to the Community! :) 

Once migrated, new password will be email out and we also will have guide/videos to help introduce the new features.

• 14.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 01:13 PM
    Daniel Gabriel said:
    Dear Ben

when is that migration to support.ca.com expected? And what do we need to do get access to that new portal?

Daniel G. 
    The plan is to be up and running on support.ca.com by the end of April. Exact date will come 10 day before the move. You will need to create a new password to log into the new site, your user name should remain the same. 

• 15.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 06, 2018 01:29 PM
    Everyone should make sure to check out the how to work with CA guides linked here 

• 16.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 07, 2018 05:57 AM
    Luu Le said:
    Additionally, product ideas will be coming back to the Community! :) 

Could you kindly elaborate on this particular point?

Ideas were a thread in the community. Then it moved to ideas.automic.com, and the community thread was closed. If I am correct in understanding it will move back into threads (or something similar) in the CA forum:

•  what does that mean for ideas.automic.com?
    • will it be dead?
    • if so, will existing ideas be migrated?
    • What about votes?
    • And is it Wolfgang's and my fault, all because of theunfortunate monikerit got? ;)

Cheers,

Carsten

• 17.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 07, 2018 07:51 AM
    The plot thickens ...

German customers (those that are still subscribed to the marketing mails) have just received a near-literal translation of the reported content of the original email. The tidbit is somewhat hidden beyond the buzzwords in the later sections of an Email by Sabrina Bäcker.

It's the mail titled "Jetzt mit Zuversicht ins neue Jahr starten" / "Begin the new year with confidence".

(Hm, maybe judging by the title, it should have come some time before March? Just wondering ... :) )

• 18.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:21 AM
    Luu Le said:

Yes, these will be preserved; we will be moving all discussions, comments, any embedded images/attached files, any links redirecting to another post will be updated and all community accounts.
    Oh, one more thing:

Will we keep our points, badges and other electronic mantle pieces, as is or in some equivalent representation?

I mean, sure, that's maybe shallow and all, but I'm a sucker for gamification and after all that's part of the premise that drew me and possibly others to devoting dozens, if not hundreds of hours of providing free support to Automic customers (and the occasional silly post).

I worked hard on having more points than all of the Automic employees but one while not being on payroll ...

• 19.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:13 PM
    Hi Carsten,

All current ideas posted & its vote will be migrated to the CA Community.  At that time ideas.automic.com/'Automic' Support portal will change to use the CA login portal.

As for the gamification I think you will like CA Community platform more, as it is pretty transparent - you can see all the available badges/goals/rank and track where along the way you are  :)  We are working to convert the current system point/badges to the CA equivalent.

• 20.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 07, 2018 02:32 PM
    Luu_Le_185
    Carsten_Schmitz_7883
    I hope for your good health that the Smileys & smiley grid is working fine in the new portal, otherwise it may happen that a guy called Smith .. Smitz... Schmitz... would become very very very very very uncomfortable and violent and brutal and .... hmmmmm......

So please create a "Smiley Task Force" to check that beforehand.
    Just a good advice...

:-)

cheers, Wolfgang

PS: no, just kidding...

• 21.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:37 AM
    Bring gamification to the support portal please. Think leaderboards, achievements, special abilities. :)

• 22.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:55 AM
    Michael Lowry said:
    Bring gamification to the support portal please. Think leaderboards, achievements, special abilities. :)

I'd want a leader board for having posts removed by Automic. As of today, I'd probably be #1 :)

• 23.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:47 AM

:p

• 24.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 09, 2018 04:38 AM
    Hi,

Ben_Caffell_45 et. al.

from the email I just received (cheers for that), it appears we'll be losing everything except the last 15 months of ticket history during the merger with CA's support system.

This is a pity, since I'd like to have our companies old cases (currently dating back to 2012) for future reference, and it appears this is an arbitary cut-off.

Can you confirm this cutoff will be happening, and if so, is there some way we can get an archive of our old support cases?

Thanks, best regards,
    Carsten

• 25.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 09, 2018 06:04 AM
    What is the procedure to do the following action and when do we have to do it ?

"A  password reset will be required to log into the CA portal."

Can we do it now or do we have to wait until the move to CA support ?

Thanks for an answer to this critical question  ;)

• 26.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 09, 2018 09:17 AM
    What is the procedure to do the following action and when do we have to do it ?

"A  password reset will be required to log into the CA portal."

Can we do it now or do we have to wait until the move to CA support ?

Thanks for an answer to this critical question  ;)
    Starting the 13th of April all accounts will start the migration process and be completed on the 16th of April. Once the migration is complete everyone will be able to reset passwords. 

• 27.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 09, 2018 09:22 AM
    Carsten Schmitz said:
    Hi,

Ben_Caffell_45 et. al.

from the email I just received (cheers for that), it appears we'll be losing everything except the last 15 months of ticket history during the merger with CA's support system.

This is a pity, since I'd like to have our companies old cases (currently dating back to 2012) for future reference, and it appears this is an arbitary cut-off.

Can you confirm this cutoff will be happening, and if so, is there some way we can get an archive of our old support cases?

Thanks, best regards,
    Carsten

The cut off will take place. There will be 15 months of cases stored in the CA case management system.

I am looking into your request and will get back to you in the next couple days. Also the data will remain in our old case management system for a few more months if we need to work on a solution to your request. 

• 28.  Re: Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi Ben,

I am looking into your request and will get back to you in the next couple days.

I hope you get to read this, since the "Person" search in this forum doesn't find anything with "Caffell". It helpfully suggests whether I meant "Apple" instead, but I suppose I didn't

Onto the topic: Are there any news on getting back to me about the old support archives?

I have one more reason to really want a dump of the old cases now: I can't find a certain support case that my colleague had opened (INC00220495), and so I wonder what else may possibly be missing. That is of course unless I overlooked it, but I set the filters to show me everything and looked over it five times.

It's also still not possible to find a bunch of content via the search (including this post, incindentally), and a bunch of old posts has been imported partly with e.g. Chinese characters or other corruptions. The helpful people at community@automic.com say the former is possibly a cache issue, we'll see. But support cases possibly missing, that's a different beast.

Best regards,

Carsten

(edit: fixed the incident number, copied the wrong number initially)

• 29.  Re: Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 18, 2018 07:23 AM

Nvm, found it. Other people's cases (of the same "Site ID") are visible under "Search Cases".

But hey, the Automic Support didn't know this either

• 30.  Re: Changes to Automic Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 09:27 AM

LuuLe can you look into the old post that may have got corrupted.

• 31.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 10, 2018 04:52 AM

How could I ensure that all my company's users (who used to have access to www.automic.com/support) along with their cases and other stuff will be migrated to the new customer portal support.ca.com

• 32.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 10, 2018 12:27 PM
    Daniel Gabriel said:

How could I ensure that all my company's users (who used to have access towww.automic.com/support) along with their cases and other stuff will be migrated to the new customer portalsupport.ca.com

We are pulling all users indicated as support users in our system into the new system. Also the new system allows the users to have user administration giving more control to you to ensure those that need access have access. If when you log into the new system and there are issues, please contact us. The data in our old system will be around for a few months so we can perform data validations if needed. 

• 33.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 11, 2018 02:03 AM
    Ben Caffell said:
    Daniel Gabriel said:

How could I ensure that all my company's users (who used to have access towww.automic.com/support) along with their cases and other stuff will be migrated to the new customer portalsupport.ca.com

We are pulling all users indicated as support users in our system into the new system. Also the new system allows the users to have user administration giving more control to you to ensure those that need access have access. If when you log into the new system and there are issues, please contact us. The data in our old system will be around for a few months so we can perform data validations if needed. 

Thanks dear, how will I get access to the new portal, do I just need to rest my password assuming that my user id will migrate as is to the new portal? 

• 34.  Changes to Automic Support

Posted Apr 11, 2018 01:12 PM
    Daniel Gabriel said:
    Ben Caffell said:
    Daniel Gabriel said:

Thanks dear, how will I get access to the new portal, do I just need to rest my password assuming that my user id will migrate as is to the new portal? 
    Your user name will remain the same. So when you go to support.ca.com you can reset your password on the login page. You can start doing this on the 16th of April.