Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 01, 2018 02:03 PM
    Hi.  Does anyone know if the settings for the agent are stored in the db somewhere?  Things like FileProcessingMaxDepth or login_check or things like that.

I'm trying to create a process that will somehow verify that certain settings are set the same across all agents (of the same platform type).  Before I get too deep, it'd be much easier if this was stored somewhere already and I could just query that table.

I poked around a bit and searched in the Community, but haven't found anything.  Thanks.

• 2.  Agent Settings
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:49 PM
    not to my knowledge, sorry.
    As far as I know its stored in the agent's INI file only  ....

• 3.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 02, 2018 03:07 AM
    The HOST table holds a few settings, but very few and not the ones you mention. There is SOME stuff there though, such as HOST_MAXWAITINGFT, the license category (different from the one one sets in the INI!) and seemingly things related to Centralized Agent Update.

Most is in the INI file, however, or in memory. Or both (trace flags).

FileProcessingMaxDepth can be set in the ini file or individually in Events. Though the precedence is unknown (as you yourself already discovered earlier ;) ).

Hope this helps,
    Carsten

• 4.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 02, 2018 08:01 AM
    Thanks guys.  That's what I thought, but figured I would ask.  I'm going to create a process that goes to every agent and pulls the info from the INI.  Thanks again!

• 5.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 02, 2018 08:08 AM
    Just an additional heads-up:

Make sure your ini parser is somewhat flexible. E.g. don't parse what's in the ini now, but parse for regular expressions to account for changes in e.g. whitespace.

The agent reads the ini when it starts, and then it seems to delete it and write it out again. This may change the whitespace, ordering etc. of the ini, possibly with new versions of agents, too.

I just noticed for example that an agent of mine keeps spaces intact, but removes tabs from the ini when I restart it.

These Automic agents are quirky little f... friends ... :)

• 6.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 02, 2018 08:46 AM
    Thought I can play tricks on AE - but played tricks on myself :-(

An Agent has a RUN ID when its running - from AE view...

So I had the stupid Idea to catch the Agent's Run ID via SQL and do a PREP_PROCESS_REPORT ...

I ended up with message:
    U00020937 Runtime error in object 'SCRI.DISPLAY_AGENT_LOGS', line '00001'. It is not valid to access a report within a different client with PREP_PROCESS_REPORT.

thanks stupid &§/&%§$%§)&§.....

• 7.  Agent Settings

Posted Feb 02, 2018 09:09 AM
    Wolfgang Brueckler said:

U00020937 Runtime error in object 'SCRI.DISPLAY_AGENT_LOGS', line '00001'. It is not valid to access a report within a different client with PREP_PROCESS_REPORT.
    And you know who's fault that probably is? Mine!

About a year ago I noticed that PREP_PROCESS_REPORT can access things that users usually don't have rights to access. I reported it, it was deemed the security problem that it is, and ... fixed.

:D :D :D :D

Also, sorry. But :D :D :D :D :D