Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

• 1.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 21, 2018 01:51 PM
    Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me why the agents are automatically getting disconnected when it goes into idle state. I have gone through the agent logs and understand that it's because of "License Class=1" that is defined in Agent's INI file. However, I set it to License Class 2 and restarted the agent. Now I don't see any connectivity issues on that particular node after tweaking this value.But some nodes are expecting  License Class value must be set to 5. I am getting confused regarding this and please tell me on what basis this License Class value should be set.

kvlazwc8oyfj.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ok/kvlazwc8oyfj.jpg" width="1436">

Many Regards,
    Srujan. 

• 2.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:11 PM
    What type of agents are these? Generally speaking OS agents use class V these days with a possible legacy class 9.

From what I've noticed the ones that use 1 and 5 are java agents and those INI's do not have a place to define the license class.

Last exception is if the OS agent runs on the same server as the AE. In this case a class S can be used.

I would look in the License tab of the System Overview in the UI and look to see what is available for the type of agent you are starting.

• 3.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 02:37 AM
    Srujan_Pathuri_9871

Just FYI, there is a Known issue related to this U00034018 message:
    Unix agent crashes during shutdown

Problems have been fixed where
    - error message 34018 is corrupted
    - agent crashes during shutdown when some backend variables are still active
    - agent ignores the license_class parameter in the ini file

Fixed versions:
    Agent Unix, Automation Engine
    Automation Engine 12.2.0 – Planned release date: 2018-06-19
    Automation Engine 12.1.1 - available

Detail:
    https://automic.force.com/support/apex/CommunityArticleDetail?id=ka30N000000H4GE

Best,
    Hoai

• 4.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:53 AM
    Michael_Pirson

Thanks for the information. I have looked into License tab and it did help me to understand that. But I see there are two rows related to OS.UNX and the license class is different for both of them. So can we assign either 9 or V to License class or is there any specific reason b/w them?
    55scxlowpmpk.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ql/55scxlowpmpk.jpg" width="392">

Regards,
    Srujan.

• 5.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:57 AM
    Hoai_Truong-Thi-Thu_5649

Thanks but we are on V12.1.1, seems like the issue is still persists.

Regards,
    Srujan.

• 6.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:37 AM
    Hi Srujan_Pathuri_9871

Maybe this post will help you understand how licenses work:
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/30905#Comment_30905

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 7.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:38 AM
    Srujan Pathuri said:
    Hoai_Truong-Thi-Thu_5649

Thanks but we are on V12.1.1, seems like the issue is still persists.

Regards,
    Srujan.

If you can be reasonably sure that issues persist or that there is a regression, and have possibly exhausted other ressources, please don't hesitate to open an incident at support.automic.com.

It is important that potential issues be identified and subsequently be fixed.

Thanks!
    Carsten

• 8.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:43 AM
    Btw, here's one more hunch:

There was an issue with the spelling of the ini parameter "license_class". They spelled it "licence_class" at some point (letter "c" in place of the letter "s"), and then changed how UC4 behaves. This is what Hoai_Truong-Thi-Thu_5649 hinted at.

I can not find the details on the fly (or which one is "correct" and which one is "wrong"), but you might want to change the spelling from the one variant to the other for a test and see if that helps. Especially if you are using an old .ini file that you took over from an older version of the agent.

Edit: of course please ensure to restart the agent after each .ini change.

Hth,
    Carsten

• 9.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:45 AM
    Yes Srujan_Pathuri_9871 , I strongly agree with Mr.Carsten_Schmitz_7883 , if you can be sure the same issue persist on v12.1.1,
    please open a ticket with Support at support.automic.com.

Thanks!
    Hoai

• 10.  Why the agent is getting disconnected automatically when it goes into idle state

Posted Feb 22, 2018 05:54 AM
    Hi Srujan_Pathuri_9871 ,

The bug Hoai_Truong-Thi-Thu_5649 describes is most likely not related to the error message you receive. Just change the license class to V and you should be fine.

Pay attention to the spelling like Carsten_Schmitz_7883 described and check out Antoine_Sauteron post for further information.

Regards, Matthias