AnsweredAssumed Answered

What determines the exit status of a JOBP?

Question asked by Carsten_Schmitz on Feb 28, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 by Carsten_Schmitz
Greetings.

It's one of them days again where my users ask about undocumented differences between versions 10 and 12, and the more I look into it, the uglier it gets.

Today they asked something about why JOBP inside JOBG (that's the unfortunately-named Job Groups) behave differently under certain conditions, which I am still trying to get to the bottom of.

In doing so, however, I discovered that something even earlier about JOBP has changed. Seemingly V10 ignored certain things about the JOBP Object Template that V12 does not ignore. Details possibly later.

To figure out, however, what's actually the correct behaviour, I have the following question. If this question is stupidly simple, I'm sorry: I've got way more experience with tech than with Automic job building.

Q: What is the ultimate criterion that determines the exit status of a JOBP? I mean, apart from all the extra conditions I could optionally set:

If I don't set any optional quirks, is the status of a JOBP, in terms of it being either ENDED_OK, or ENDED_NOT_OK or somesuch, dependent on the exit status of the END object? Or something else?

Thanks!

Outcomes