Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the some email ids in AE V11

• 1.  Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the some email ids in AE V11

Posted Mar 10, 2018 05:50 AM
    Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the people in AE V11

• 2.  Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the some email ids in AE V11

Posted Mar 10, 2018 08:18 AM
    I used a UNIX job to run the SQL query, used SPOOL command to store the output in a file. Later, with the help of SEND_MAIL I've sent the file to users.

Or you can fetch the report from the job (there will be an option to save the report as File under SQL Tab) and you can fetch it from the path then send it to users.

I'm not sure about the second option but I read about it somewhere in this forum.

• 3.  Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the some email ids in AE V11

Posted Mar 11, 2018 07:04 AM
    For the first point where SEND_MAIL option will come ?

• 4.  Can we send an output retrieved by a SQL query to the some email ids in AE V11

Posted Mar 11, 2018 02:42 PM
    hi
    usually we greet each other...

I assume your question is how to get the data into the send mail script - right?

The easiest method with less scripting would be starting a CALL object from your SQL Job and put its activator Runid int the secion: Notification tab - Attach report from task

in Post process of your SQL job you put ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT([CALL_OBJECT'sNAME])

and in the above mentioned text field you put the (prediefined) script variable &$ACTIVATOR_RUNID#

thats it.

cheers, Wolfgang