Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:27 AM

The link
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/LATEST/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#_Common/Topics/ReleaseHighlights.htm
    resolves to
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.2/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#_Common/Topics/ReleaseHighlights.htm.
    The latter appears to be an unfinished and incomplete set of documentation for the as yet unreleased AWA v12.2. Not all pages in the 12.1 documentation are present in the v12.2 documentation. This also affects searches performed using the LATEST search link. E.g.,
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/LATEST/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#search-%22naming%20conventions%22

Perhaps the LATEST link should point to the v12.1 documentation until the v12.2 documentation is complete, or until v12.2 has been released.

• 2.  Re: LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Jun 26, 2018 05:55 AM

The LATEST documentation links are still broken, often pointing to non-existent or moved pages. Is anyone at CA working on fixing this?

• 3.  Re: LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Jun 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Hi Michael, 

Looking at the online docs.automic.com and all the "publicly" clickable doc/link, it seem to show/resolve to a number that correspond to a released version.  It does appear if you type in another number it can work and if use "latest" it will take to the latest version (which at this time is 12.2 - which the product is not release yet or available publicly).

Michael_Lowry - Can you also let me know for the 'Latest' - if this something that you are adding as when I navigate the AE docs and mouse over hyperlink within the docs it all using a 12.1, other version # and none are showing 'latest'.

I'll reach out docs team and see if they can give any input on the 'latest' topic.

• 4.  Re: LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:42 AM

LuuLe: When I view or search the documentation, I always use the LATEST links. The documentation version menu had a LATEST option, but it seems to be missing now — perhaps because it’s not working as intended.

See also:

Documentation for AE, Messages, DB schema, Java APIs, etc. 

Firefox Quick Search bookmarks for searching Automic web pages 

• 5.  Re: LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Jun 28, 2018 11:12 AM

Hi Michael,

The doc team has just applied a fix last night which will only show the latest released docu on docs.automic.com if the URL contains the keyword LATEST.

So now it resolved to the version 12.1 doc (when the v12.2 is officially release tomorrow, it will show that as the latest version...).  This should prevent future issues of the keyword "LATEST" using a version that is still in development... so come tomorrow/next week it would show v12.2 as the latest (instead v12.3).

• 6.  Re: LATEST link points to incomplete v12.2 documentation

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:58 AM

I’ve decided to stop using links to the documentation that include the LATEST keyword. When documentation paths and file names change, these links break.