Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Transport Case - AWI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:01 AM
    Hi All,

I know the procedure to create Transport Case with Java Client however I am unable to find the option to create it from AWI.
    Is that option not available in AWI and we only can to Export/Import.

Please help.

Thanks Shani

• 2.  Transport Case - AWI
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:04 AM
    Right click on the object you wish to add to the Transport case and click Transport.
    Can be done for single or multiple selections of objects

• 3.  Transport Case - AWI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:07 AM
    Hi shanikushwaha606112

Not sure about what version you are using, but this option is not available in AWI 11.2 and below.

From AWI 12.0 upwards, you can do as EoinCollins1303836 suggested - right click on the object(s) and choose 'Transport' :

nvsuv2wo5wjs.png

As of v12.1 it's also possible to select objects and drag an drop them in the Transport Case.

jpfl95ofqpd8.png

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 4.  Transport Case - AWI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 09:05 AM
    Thanks EoinCollins1303836  Antoine_Sauteron
    Mine is 12.0 and it works ... In my environment there are multiple folder and as We can not move FOLDERS to Transport case but only OBJECT, I was not getting the option.
    Now we are good. :) 

• 5.  Transport Case - AWI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 09:39 AM
    shani kushwaha said:
    and as We can not move FOLDERS to Transport case but only OBJECT, I was not getting the option.

Folders were never able to be transported. It's a restriction in all versions.

Hth,
    Carsten

• 6.  Transport Case - AWI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 04:00 PM
    If you transport objects that are in folders that are missing from your target environment, the missing folders are automatically added.

We've had a problem with this feature when a developer transports an object that they were working on in a personal folder.  We then have personal folders in production.  This is something our QA processes have to look out for.