Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Mar 19, 2018 06:48 AM

We have begun to rely on custom attributes to store object-specific details. We use these pieces of information to increase transparency of object ownership, improve automation, and reduce the rate of human-caused mistakes, particularly during error handling.

Recently, we began to investigate the possibility of using custom attributes more extensively and for more varied purposes. During this brainstorming, we discovered that unlike with object variables, with custom attributes, there is no way to override the values at the task level. We see several potential benefits to such a capability, so we opened a new enhancement request for this:

Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level 

It is possible to define metadata, including custom attributes, on individual executable objects.

It  should be possible to override metadata (and particularly custom  attributes) at the level of the individual task (in the workflow or  schedule task’s properties).

This could be implemented in a way similar to the mechanism for overriding object variable values at the task level, in the Task Properties – Variables view.

If you like the idea, please vote for it.

• 2.  Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:48 AM
    I like the Idea. Supported.

• 3.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 16, 2018 02:12 PM

leflu01, the images and links in this post didn’t survive the migration.

• 4.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 16, 2018 03:30 PM

Hi Michael,

It appear that those images where links to the former Support portal site and was not actually uploaded to the Automic Community site.  To my knowledge, currently the former support portal has been taken down as such, those image will not worked (I also check the Automic Community site too, and they show the same issue).  I'll check with the internal team and see if it is still possible to access the former site in any way.  If it is, I will grab those file and uploaded it here.

• 5.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:35 AM

The original idea and its images were migrated:

Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

• 6.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:31 AM

Interesting enough all the images on the ideas that was migrated was also using the https://automic.force.com/... url and these were manual uploaded with the image into and hosted on the CA Community so it would be view-able.

I'll update this thread with the uploaded image we used for idea and also I'll take a look around for any other that are link to an automic.force.com image.

also, sorry about blank out on just searching for the ideas as you have the name the same.

• 7.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:37 AM

I already fixed the original message. I was more concerned with broken links than with missing images. See my comment below for a suggestion on how to make a mass-update to fix these broken links.

• 8.  Re: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 17, 2018 08:30 AM

LuuLe, my guess is that none of the links to ideas on ideas.automic.com that were in discussions on community.automic.com were updated to point to the migrated ideas. If you still have the mapping table, I suggest this fix:

• 9.  RE: Override metadata (custom attributes) at task properties level

Posted Apr 03, 2023 06:45 AM

Broadcom deleted the idea.