AnsweredAssumed Answered

11.2.6HF1 - WPs showing more load and memory still going up

Question asked by admin on Mar 28, 2018
Latest reply on May 17, 2018 by TinaHart609265
Hello,
So it's been over a month since we updated from 11.2.1 to 11.2.6HF1.  Things have been working as expected, however, we're still seeing a few things that we thought were resolved:
1 - Memory Leak - Though we are only seeing memory on the Automic server (Windows 2012R2) increase 6-8% per day, which is an improvement from 10% per day, the fact that it's still going up means regular WP cycling.  This is a Windows box with already 32GB of RAM.  When we hop on to the box, CPU is fine, and memory just never goes down.
2 - WPs are higher - When keeping an eye in System Overview, it looks like our WPs are running from 25-50% on the hour.  Before the upgrade, it was normally 12-25% on the hour.  Now, nothing has changed, but in our environment, it looks like the decrease in the amount of memory that's going up daily is now being added to WP utilization.

We did run this test in our DEV environment and have different performance issues for different reasons, and the same workload isn't run so it's hard to capture performance type of issues before an upgrade.

I do have a ticket open with support and they are still analyzing our logs (the only thing that really sticks out to me, is that there are more calls to the ABLOB table on our Oracle DB, which wasn't there before).  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can offer any advice.  My concerns with this are that we'll see the WPs continue to rise which may start impacting performance.

Thanks!!!
Tina

Outcomes