Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Installing Agent for ORACLE

Posted Mar 29, 2018 02:59 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

I need to install the dB Agent for ORACLE. In the installation guide,  at Installation Guide->New Installation->Installation Types->Manual Installation->Installing the Agents->Installing the Agent for Databases->Installing the Agent for Database Jobs and Events), it refers to IMAGE:AGENTS\SQL, under step 2. Install the Agent. Where do i get this from?

It also refers to Install the driver, for Oracle, in Step 3. How do I install the JAR file? Attached is the screenshot of the manual hereunder.

The manual I refer to is at:
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.1/DOCU/12.1/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#Installation_Manual/InstallAgents/InstallAgentDatabase_JobsEvents.htm%3FTocPath%3DInstallation%2520Guide%7CNew%2520Installation%7CInstallation%2520Types%7CManual%2520Installation%7CInstalling%2520the%2520Agents%7CInstalling%2520the%2520Agent%2520for%2520Databases%7C_____1

Cheers,
    Ajay

• 2.  Installing Agent for ORACLE
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2018 03:32 AM
    Hi AjayOri611470

Many thanks for your request.

The Agent is in the Image which can be found here.

Refering to the documentation the .jar File only has to be copied into the Folders JDBC Directory after installing the needed driver:
    • Install thedriver.
    • Copy the file ojdbc5.jar or ojdbc6.jar to the folder's JDBC directory after you have installed the driver.
    I hope this helps clarify.

Should you have any further questions or queries, feel free to contact me anytime.

Cheers
    Daniel

• 3.  Installing Agent for ORACLE

Posted Apr 02, 2018 08:03 AM

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for the info.

I have already copied the ojdbc6.jar to a specified directory; that is /ora11g/autoara/Agents/sql/unix/bin/jdbc/ojdbc6.jar

However with regards to 'Step 2. Install the Agent', do I need to execute /ora11g/autoara/Agents/sql/unix/bin/ucxjsqlx.shon AIX to proceed wiht the agent setup?

Finally, should any modifications be made toucxjsqlx.ori.ini if we wish to connect to an oracle instance?

Regards,

• 4.  Installing Agent for ORACLE

Posted Apr 06, 2018 01:59 AM

Dear Automic,

We would really appreciate if you could provide an update with regards to previous request.

• 5.  Installing Agent for ORACLE

Posted Apr 06, 2018 02:31 AM
    Hi

Did you really read the documentation?

However with regards to 'Step 2. Install the Agent', do I need to execute /ora11g/autoara/Agents/sql/unix/bin/ucxjsqlx.sh on AIX to proceed wiht the agent setup?
    => No, as its not mentioned in the documentation at this step :-)

Finally, should any modifications be made to ucxjsqlx.ori.ini if we wish to connect to an oracle instance?
    If you want the agent to be able to run - Yes. :-)

Perform a copy of your ucxjsqlx.ori.ini File and rename it to ucxjsqlx.ini
    Docu:
    Adjust the INI file UCXJSQLX.INI to the system environment.

cheers, Wolfgang