AnsweredAssumed Answered

Client maintenance/Automic pruning

Question asked by DanielGates628573 on Apr 6, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 by Wolfgang_Brueckler_1288
Hello,

As part of our deployment process we will we spinning up servers/automic agents upon request.  These requests can lead to automic client creation via the API.

This may result in a lot of clients being created for various teams and reasons.  Tracking and maintenance of these may become an overhead.

One challenge is to maintain all these clients and delete them when no longer required.  I know I can call the utility UCYBDBCC to delete the client.

Will this remove all traces of this client and all objects or will I have to 'purge' anything as well?

Also, is there anything else I should consider to stop a build up of redundant objects or I need to consider in terms of maintenance?

Does anyone have any useful sql/ideas on how to identify dormant clients? i.e. no activity/logon for a set period of time?

And as columbo said .. one last thing ... is there any useful documentation (apart from the DB schema) in regards to writing sql against the Automic backend database? Is there an ERD available? I know this is probably a very broad topic.

Sorry for all the questions..

Cheers,

Dan

Outcomes