Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is it possible to Modify the Frequency time (Check in interval) of an Event in Bulk.

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:38 AM
    Hi All,

Is it possible to Modify the Frequency time (Check in interval) of an Event in Bulk?
    My Requirement is to update the  check in interval of the existing 100 events from 30 mins to 60 mins.
    Is there any other way to update it easily rather than opening Event and updating individually??

• 2.  Is it possible to Modify the Frequency time (Check in interval) of an Event in Bulk.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:58 AM
    Hi

thats possible with the DB Change utility (modifying the content of a transport case)
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#uczadp.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministration%2520Guide%7CUtilities%7CAE%2520DB%2520Change%7C_____0

or with JAVA API if you have java Knowledge.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Is it possible to Modify the Frequency time (Check in interval) of an Event in Bulk.

Posted Apr 11, 2018 02:58 PM
    Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the Quick response,
    I have ended with the below statement from the link which you suggested 

REPLACE EVNT, ABC,EVENT_TIME, "0030","0060"

I tried to Run this statement from an job (Pre_process tab.).The job got completed but the changes are not reflected in the event

Can you tell me where have i gone wrong?.

• 4.  Is it possible to Modify the Frequency time (Check in interval) of an Event in Bulk.

Posted Apr 12, 2018 02:40 AM
    Hi

This is a seperate Utility (as DB Load, DB Reorg, DBUnload, ....), not a script function!

You must call the utility DB change with the path of the file holding your command line above.

=> follow the link I posted above and check

Modifying Exported Data

Procedure

1. Move all objects which should be adjusted to the Transport Case
    2. Unload the Transport Case using the utility AE.DB Unload
    3. Write one or several script files which contain the statements for attribute modifications
    4. Call the utility AE DB Change with the corresponding start parameters

cheers, Wolfgang