Clarity

• 1.  Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 15, 2018 01:25 PM

15.4 Roadmap items:

If your text is longer than the date of the roadmap item, then the text bleeds into the white space, while the rest is in the designated color. It is very feasible that your item name may be longer than the expected duration. How do we get around this? 

Roamdaps/Portfolio however you want to reference it, will include shorter duration items like enhancements. 

How can you make the text fit without editing the duration?

example:

• 2.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 16, 2018 06:27 AM

Kathryn Ellis Bill YEE - any ideas on this one?  Is there a setting possibly?

• 3.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 06:29 AM

I would say its a bug Jon. 

• 4.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 16, 2018 06:35 AM

Lynn,  if you would like, send me an offline message in the community and I can open a case and defect for you for this one.   Or you can just open the case yourself online and someone will grab it.

Thanks!

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 08:39 AM

Hi Lynn,

I just tested this and if you click on the colored part of the roadmap item, it gives you the option to resize it. Can you try the following and see if this works for you:

1. Hover over the end of the colored part of the roadmap item on the right side

2. A left / right arrow should appear that you can use to move the roadmap item box out past the colored part of the box.

Let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

Kristin Schroer

• 6.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:04 AM

Sorry Lynn, I realized that would change your dates as well. The only option I could find to workaround the wrapping for now is to change the zoom, then you are able to see more of the text in the roadmap item without it overlapping into the next date, but it depends on how long the text is on whether this might help and how much of the roadmap you want to view at one time. 

To change the zoom:

1. Click on the settings icon on the right hand side 

2. Then you can adjust the zoom on the top of the popup window that appears

• 7.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:07 AM

Thaks Kristin, but that was my point in that if you do that, it also moves the date. We don't want the date moved.

Check an example.. set the date to 2 months and enter text to be longer than the color. Extend it like you said, and you will see the date has moved. We don't want dates moved.

thanks

Lynn

• 8.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:08 AM

oops!! replies crossed:)  Zoom is not really a good option

I will proceed with the steps above, as this is a bug.

• 9.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:44 PM

Hi Lynn - I will reach out to you directly and we can raise this as a support case and go that route for you.  I will send you an email outside of the community. 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Adjust the font/word wrap a Roadmap item?

Posted Apr 18, 2018 08:32 AM

A support case and defect have been created for this.  I will mark this one as answered at this time.