CA Service Management

• 1.  Update Tomcat Certificate

Posted Apr 16, 2018 02:45 PM

In the server.xml we see the *.pfx file being used for Tomcat; and it includes the keystoretype=pkcs12. We need to update this and want to see if this documentation is correct. The bottom portion states it does not need to be configured in java if it includes the "keystore type=**" in the .xml file. v14 is being used

https://www.sslsupportdesk.com/move-certificate-iis-tomcat/ 

Thank you, 

Jessie

• 2.  Re: Update Tomcat Certificate
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi Jessie,

I am not sure what you mean it does not need to be configured in java. But, as for using pfx files in tomcat if you have the keystoreType="pkcs12" in the connector in the server.xml you can use the pfx file. keystorePass will then be the password for that pfx file.

• 3.  Re: Update Tomcat Certificate

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:29 AM

Thank you Anthony, I only found one reference on how to use the .pfx file and wanted to validate. The first option for pointing the server.xml referenced that i needed to use the java keytool and put the file in a jks. I was able to do this, I really appreciate your response. I just had to follow the instructions in the upper half of the document and then the second option for pointing to the new file since it had the keystoreType field in the xml.