Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Sales force soap services

Posted Apr 16, 2018 03:45 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to consume a Salesforce soap webservices 

Email Marketing, Social, Advertising & Marketing Automation - Salesforce.com ,

Little confused on how to consume them,should i create a policy and use route via https to hit the salesforce and get the data

or

Should i create a service and copy the wsdl file and write a service for consuming them.

https://webservice.exacttarget.com/etframework.wsdl  

• 2.  Re: Sales force soap services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 04:15 PM

To have any API housed on the Gateway, it would be done by creating a service. Policies are usually bits of code you package up to be re-used by multiple services.

In this example, you would create a SOAP service from the WSDL provided by Salesforce.

• 3.  Re: Sales force soap services

Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:26 AM

After creating Soap Services ,i have 4 operations for each operation should i create a service or reuse the same service 

Any examples would really help.

• 4.  Re: Sales force soap services
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:27 PM

Well that should be dictated by the WSDL. How many operations does it support? If it doesn't support all the operations then you need to add additional SOAP services using a new WSDL with the operations you need.

To check this, find your SOAP service in the services tree in the bottom left hand corner of Policy Manager. Right click the service, and choose Service Properties. From here, click on the WSDL tab, and you should see the WSDL and any operations supported by it. If you need further assistance you can click the button "Edit WSDL", and a dialogue window appears. Click Next once, so that you are at the "2. Compose WSDL" section and you should also see what operations are supported in the "Resulting WSDL" section. You can cancel this window once you know the operations supported.

Although not reccomended, you can also allow operations not contained in the WSDL by checking the box on Service Properties for the API, under the WSDL tab. The checkbox is labelled "Allow requests intended for operations not supported by the WSDL". I would only use this to temporarily troubleshoot any WSDL issues as this opens a security issue for your API.

• 5.  Re: Sales force soap services

Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:21 PM

Thanks Nathan,

I have a requirement to expose Soap webservice of Sales force on my gateway,

Sales force has 13 operations ,but the consumer who is the front end application will be using only 2 operations (update,getdata) which are in wsdl.

Step 1)I have published a soap web service with the wsdl file,after that how can my front end hit the gateway  .

2)How should i expose these 2 operations to front end.

This is the first time we are doing soap on gateway .

Any examples would really help.

• 6.  Re: Sales force soap services

Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:25 AM

Hello,

First you need to publish a SOAP Service using a WSDL.

After publishing the Service you will see the sales-force endpoint is added in the policy , that is your Sales-force SOAP Service Endpoint.

If there are different operations to be called in the SOAP Service for that you don't need to publish different policies on the gateway. In Soap Service the Different Operations are called using the Soap Action and the request body.

SOAP Action and Request Body helps to differentiate between the operation.

Thanks,

Irfan