DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Problems with wildfly monitoring

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Hello community,

I am tring to monitor liferay over a wildfly installation

At boot I get the following error in wildfly:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wily.introscope.agent.probe.net.ManagedServerSocket cannot be found by org.apache.felix.gogo.shell_0.10.0

Do you have a solution for that?

Agent is APM 10.5 for jboss

Thanks

Luca Razzi

• 2.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:53 AM

Dear Community members:

Is there someone that can help Luca with his scenario?

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:36 PM

Check your toggles-typical.pbl or toggles-full.pbl (whichever you are using via the agent profile) and disable the ManagedSocketTracing and UDPTracing by commenting out the TurnOn lines and then restart the Agent.

• 4.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Posted Apr 17, 2018 04:17 PM

Hello,

I did what you told me but I still get an error which I report here:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wily/introscope/agent/trace/IIntelligentInstrumentationMethodTracer
    at com.liferay.portal.cache.multiple.internal.cluster.link.ClusterLinkPortalCacheClusterChannelFactory.activate(ClusterLinkPortalCacheClusterChannelFactory.java:61)

Any idea about that?

Luca

• 5.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi Lucca:

As a next step (just to troubleshoot) I would *temporarily turn off* these settings 
    introscope.agent.deep.instrumentation.enabled=true 
    introscope.agent.deep.trace.enabled=true 

Failing that, please open a case

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Posted Apr 18, 2018 02:55 AM

Hello,

I tried to remove the deep instrumentation and trace. And I have gone a lot ahead in the liferay bootstrap but at the end I had a final error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wily/introscope/agent/trace/IMethodTracer
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1975)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.getServiceObjectAssignableMethod(BindMethod.java:456)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.doFindMethod(BindMethod.java:188)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.findMethod(BaseMethod.java:173)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.access$400(BaseMethod.java:39)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod$NotResolved.resolve(BaseMethod.java:560)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod$NotResolved.methodExists(BaseMethod.java:582)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.methodExists(BaseMethod.java:515)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.getServiceObject(BindMethod.java:645)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.getServiceObject(DependencyManager.java:2201)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.prebind(DependencyManager.java:1118)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.prebind(DependencyManager.java:1520)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.collectDependencies(AbstractComponentManager.java:1005)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:859)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:748)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:1012)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:968)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1215)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1136)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:945)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:881)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1167)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:127)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:917)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:464)
    at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl._registerService(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:1139)
    at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl._registerApplicationContext(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:1105)
    at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl.registerContext(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:329)
    at com.liferay.portal.module.framework.ModuleFrameworkUtilAdapter.registerContext(ModuleFrameworkUtilAdapter.java:71)
    at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(PortalContextLoaderListener.java:352)
    at io.undertow.servlet.core.ApplicationListeners.contextInitialized(ApplicationListeners.java:187)
    at io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:198)
    at org.wildfly.extension.undertow.deployment.UndertowDeploymentService.startContext(UndertowDeploymentService.java:100)
    at org.wildfly.extension.undertow.deployment.UndertowDeploymentService$1.run(UndertowDeploymentService.java:82)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:320)

I will try posting a case at support

Thanks

Luca

• 7.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Posted Apr 18, 2018 06:13 AM

The issue comes out when osgi framework boots (at jboss startup) and is not able to find com.wily.* classes.

The problem is solved with the following directive in the liferay portal properties file (portal-runtime.properties).

Normally the property is org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation. But in our case it has been customized with module.framework.properties.org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation

module.framework.properties.org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=\
    __redirected,\
    com.liferay.aspectj,\
    com.liferay.aspectj.*,\
    com.liferay.portal.servlet.delegate,\
    com.liferay.portal.servlet.delegate*,\
    com.sun.ccpp,\
    com.sun.ccpp.*,\
    com.sun.crypto.*,\
    com.sun.image.*,\
    com.sun.jmx.*,\
    com.sun.jna,\
    com.sun.jndi.*,\
    com.sun.mail.*,\
    com.sun.management.*,\
    com.sun.media.*,\
    com.sun.msv.*,\
    com.sun.org.*,\
    com.sun.syndication,\
    com.sun.tools.*,\
    com.sun.xml.*,\
    com.yourkit.*,\
    sun.*,\
    com.wily.*

Anyway now everything works.

Thanks

Luca Razzi

• 8.  Re: Problems with wildfly monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 07:35 AM

Thank you Luca for the update. This will be helpful to others in the same situation.