CA Service Management

• 1.  Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:33 PM

Hi,

We recently upgraded one of our customer's instance of SDM from 14.1 to 17.1. We have chosen to withdraw all form customizations, so we could refactor them and apply only the necessary ones.

I needed to change an attribute in castyles.css. When I save and publish, the tabs and menubar break and kind of return to their old style:

Important: when I remove the castyles.css file, the appearance gets back to the normal.

Has anyone already experienced this? My guess is that some file is still remaining, for some reason it wasn't removed, and is being shown when I edit and save castyles.css.

Thanks in advance,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2018 04:12 PM

Did you clear your browser cache?

• 3.  Re: Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1

Posted Apr 18, 2018 12:50 PM

Hi, pier-olivier.tremblay,

I've not considered clearing browser cache as an option. I mean, I thought that it was not necessary, because I was using "Shift+F5", which refreshes the page ignoring cache content. Somehow this was not working since it was using the cached content. But when I cleared the browser cache, it worked.

Thanks a lot!

Diogo

• 4.  Re: Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1

Posted Apr 18, 2018 03:44 PM

The correct shortcut is CTRL+F5 and is not working anymore in Chrome.

You need a browser extension to clear your cache or you open dev tools and check "disable cache" on network tab.

• 5.  Re: Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1

Posted Apr 18, 2018 03:52 PM

Well, that's what this page is saying: Chrome keyboard shortcuts - Google Chrome Help 

(unless this page is not updated)

But the "disable cache" option is a great tip. Surely, I will use this in future.

• 6.  Re: Menubar and tabs style after upgrade to 17.1

Posted Apr 18, 2018 03:57 PM

Interesting.

I always had to use an extension : Clear Cache Shortcut - Chrome Web Store 

Simple and effective