Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to transfer the files from local workstation to a remote Linux server using Lisa test?

• 1.  How to transfer the files from local workstation to a remote Linux server using Lisa test?

Posted Apr 17, 2018 07:03 PM

Hi Team,

Currently I am working on a Lisa test which generates the HTML reports files in my local workstation. I want to copy that file to a remote Linux server (in a specific directory say /app/test/reports/) How can I do that?. I have an SSH step, using that the Linux server authentication is successful (using user id and password). But am struggling to copy the files from local to Remote linux server directory. Could you please help me on this. How can I write the SSH command to copy the file from local work station to remote Linux server?

The screenshot for testing SSH connection is attached. I just need the working SSH command to copy the file from local to linux diretory shown above

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

• 2.  Re: How to transfer the files from local workstation to a remote Linux server using Lisa test?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 05:38 PM

Have you tried using a FTP step?

This example below is trying to do a get, but you can easily change to do a put:

In the below example my Host Linux machine 10.130.219.147.  My User is test.  The file I am wanting to get is also called test and happens to be in my /home/test folder.

From a command prompt from the client machine:

C:\Users\nunma04>ftp 10.130.219.147

Connected to 10.130.219.147.

220 (vsFTPd 3.0.2)

User (10.130.219.147:(none)): test

331 Please specify the password.

Password:

230 Login successful.

ftp> get test

200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for test (12 bytes).

226 Transfer complete.

ftp: 14 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 14000.00Kbytes/sec.

ftp>

The contents of my file:

C:\Users\nunma04>type test

testing

I know my FTP Server is up and I can login to get my file.

This is my FTP Step:  FTP normally runs or Port 20 or 21.  When I click the Execute Now push button I see the contents of the file are am doing the FTP on.

For additional information look in the DevTest documentation 

External - FTP Step