Release Automation

• 1.  Uploading files through Put File (SSH) action

Posted Apr 18, 2018 06:22 AM

Hello All,

We are using the "Put File (SSH)" action for uploading the files on the SFTP server. In the input fields for that action "Full Source File Path" we have added the path of the folder which contains some files around 500 ( Approx) and in the field "Full Target File Path" we have added the target path location in SFTP where all the files are to be copied. But due to network problem the connection with the SFTP server is broken in between ,and we have a subset of files that are transferred for eg 260 . Now we don't have any way to know how many are transferred and how many are not ,programmatically. We cann't simply rerun this action as it will copy the already copied file once again.Is there any better way to handle this condition. Ideal case will be to execute the upload action into the files folder and in case there is some issue while uploading we will again execute the upload action on the remaining files.

Please let me know if any clarification is needed.

-Regards
      Mohit

• 2.  Re: Uploading files through Put File (SSH) action
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2018 10:08 PM

Hi Mohit,

So we need to find a way to work around intermittent network hiccups that occur in the environment and be able to resume where the transfer left off it sounds like.  The first thing that comes to mind is a run command line action utilizing rsync or similar, I will see what I can come up with and let you know.  Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Jeremy   

• 3.  Re: Uploading files through Put File (SSH) action

Posted Apr 19, 2018 01:51 AM

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for the direction.Let me try at my end also using rsync or so.Do let me know if you have anything with you.

-Regards

Mohit

• 4.  Re: Uploading files through Put File (SSH) action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2018 09:59 PM

Hi Mohit,

Did Jeremy's reply answer your question? If so, please click "Mark Correct".

If you need additional help, please let us know.

Thanks

Yas

• 5.  Re: Uploading files through Put File (SSH) action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2018 10:23 PM

Hi,

I marked Jeremy's answer because no responses. If you need, please open new thread or support case.

Thanks

Yas