CA Service Management

• 1.  Template for Workflow task

Posted Apr 18, 2018 02:39 AM

We would need a different task template for each workflow task type that we create. Each workflow task type will have different attributes. For example, The Approval task should have only Task description, approve/reject buttons or status drop down, approving group, approver, approved date and comment. Now the code deployment will have the deployment server CI, Code version, deployment team, planned date of deployment, etc. 

Is it possible to create a different template for each task type? Or can this be done using PAM?. 

Please show us some light on how to create workflow task templates.

• 2.  Re: Template for Workflow task

Posted Apr 18, 2018 08:08 PM

I would suggest you develop this in Process Automation Manager (PAM). It will provide you the greatest flexibility and customization.

• 3.  Re: Template for Workflow task

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:12 PM

That's good to know! Lindsay_Estabrooks : Please share us some information to start with integrating PAM and SDM, also on developing a process in PAM. Appreciate if you could help us on this. Thanks!!

• 4.  Re: Template for Workflow task

Posted Jun 09, 2018 12:00 PM

You can find details about integrating SDM with PAM in the documentation - https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-1/en/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-ca-service-management/integrate-ca-service-desk-manager-with-common-components-manually/integrate-ca-service-desk-manager-with-ca-process-automation-manually

You can find more details about Process Automation Manager in the documentation - https://docops.ca.com/ca-process-automation/04-3-02/en

I am an independent consultant and developing processes in PAM is one of my professional practices. If you would like to talk about I could help you develop processes to your business requirements please email me at Lindsay@iteduconsultants.com

Cheers,

Lindsay