DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Cdm probe activate through base package

Posted Apr 18, 2018 03:09 AM

I want to activate cdm probe using base package. So is it possible we can activate any probe by deploying base package. If yes, then what code line should we put in so that the probe gets activated once the base package is deployed over the robot.

• 2.  Re: Cdm probe activate through base package

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 04:47 AM

I would love to hear your use case for this scenario, can you expand a bit more ?

It could possibly work with an update to the controller.cfg of the robot, in the package, although it might not like it…..I will give it a try later in the week when I get some more time.

cheers

• 3.  Re: Cdm probe activate through base package

Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:17 AM

Basically,  we have series of Solaris servers in environment and we need to activate only a particular file system. 

Here the catch is the cdm probe was asked to be deactivate before due to lot of unnecessary bulk alerts in past.So currently, we cannot re-enable the cdm probe otherwise again same situation will arise. 

I have options to complete like setup of auto processing rule on nas probe for these cdm alerts as per host name, but if we can enable a deactivated cdm probe and can set specified file-system through base package then this could be much easier and very handy to use.  

• 4.  Re: Cdm probe activate through base package

Posted Apr 18, 2018 10:38 AM

Hi,

I built a script one year ago capable to replace a key on every controller probes.

GitHub - fraxken/keyreplacer: CA UIM Probe configuration replacer 

<replacer>
        probe = controller
        section = controller
        key = hubdomain
        value = NMS-PROD
    </replacer>

And the script can be runned with a .txt file that contains a list of robots separated with a Linux LF.

If i remember well I had to edit a few thousand configuration   (this script saved my life haha).

But i think it should be possible to build something to push "config set" update for any kinds of probes !

Best Regards,

Thomas