Clarity

• 1.  Session id is generating Null when connecting through WSDL

Posted Apr 18, 2018 11:27 AM

We have a custom code written that is connecting through WSDL to xog transactions into clarity .

Recently we have upgraded to 15.4 in our Dev environment and facing an issue here with the custom code.

the session id is not generating in the Webservice, it is null. Though we are able to externally login to clarity using the WSDL URL and login details.

So there are no issues with the login credentials. By the way the same code is able to generate the session id in ca ppm 15.1 version and its configuration.

Could you let us know is there any fix required to the custom code or any configuration changes required in the server to get the session id.I have also attached the code here.

Thanks

Balaji

Attachment(s)

zip
    program.txt.zip   837 B 1 version
    zip
    App.config.zip   708 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Session id is generating Null when connecting through WSDL

Posted Apr 18, 2018 01:47 PM

I guess I would convert the test application to use  web services proxies (Wsdl.exe) and see if it works on 15.4. This would tell you if you are having 15.4 problem or a WCF problem.

If web services proxies work, you have a WCF issue and I would install a message inspector to see what is being passed back an forth between .NET and 15.4.

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: Session id is generating Null when connecting through WSDL

Posted Apr 19, 2018 02:18 AM

We tried using both Web Service Proxy (generated using Wsdl) and direct Web Reference both are not passing back the Session ID.

However in Fiddler I am seeing the Session ID is passed back. One difference I see between 15.1 (Current Prod working version) and 15.4 is the Header does not have HTTP/1.1 200 OK . Not sure that will be a issue

• 4.  Re: Session id is generating Null when connecting through WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 11:45 AM

• 5.  Re: Session id is generating Null when connecting through WSDL
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2018 06:54 AM

We have contacted CA Support and got confirmation that the issue in WSDL in 15.4 and 15.3. There is workaround also available

Below is the recommended workaround

#1 For most if not all WSDL definitions, especially for existing objects, this was the only change. Therefore it is possible to use the generated classes/code from the service defined on the 15.2.0 and earlier releases, and login/run them against 15.3.0 and up.

#2 Alternatively, on the /niku/wsdl pages for 15.3.0+, download each of the .xsd files to be consumed. Edit the files to change the namespace from xog to tns in the message part above. Generate the classes against that.

- Balaji