Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  start

Posted Apr 18, 2018 12:00 PM

We currently have  workflow that is failing to initialize.   It has been in the status of preparing for several hours.   I am not sure how to trouble shoot.  The jobplan is not running any where else.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 12:08 PM

Are you saying that you have build a process and when attempting to start it, it just stays in a Queued state?   Do any other process instances run, or do all newly launched instances sit in the Queued state?

If this isn't correct can you please clarify what you mean by the 'the status of preparing' ?  
    A few screenshots may help us understand you problem.

• 3.  Re: start

Posted Apr 18, 2018 12:30 PM

Here is a screen shot.    This is a workflow that contains jobs within it.   We manually executed the workflow and it does not respond.  Under activities we can see that the job is in a status of preparing.

Activity status preparing

Let me know if this helps.

• 4.  Re: start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 12:56 PM

That does not appear to be CA Process Automation.   Can you help clarify what software you are using and I can try to get this to the right community?  
    See if there is a Help / About option that includes the product version information.

• 5.  Re: start

Posted Apr 18, 2018 02:53 PM

UC4 version

• 6.  Re: start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 03:33 PM

Looks like this is a query for CA Automic.  

I am moving this to their community.

• 7.  Re: start

Posted Apr 18, 2018 04:23 PM

This issue appears to be an agent that is having issues.   The job in the job plan is the only one using its agent so we removed the job to move forward, but are still trouble shooting the agent issue.