Clarity

• 1.  Change Sender in the Action Notification

Posted Apr 18, 2018 02:18 PM

Hello,
    I contact with the community because I need to know if exists any way that to change the sender in a notification action. In our version (15.1) the sender is who start the process.

It would be ideal that the sender of the action is who do the action.

For example:
    The user A start a new process in the project that must be appoved the user B. When the user B approved the action, the sender of the notificacion that recive the user A, should be user B.

If anyone know any solution related to this case please share with me.

Best Regards.
    Patricio.

• 2.  Re: Change Sender in the Action Notification
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2018 07:29 PM

Hi Patricio

I am not aware of any OOTB way of changing the sender email address for process email notifications. It will always show the user who has initiated the process. I will leave it to the other members to respond if there is any way of achieving this through customization. 

Thanks

Shailey

• 3.  Re: Change Sender in the Action Notification

Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:21 AM

Hi juan.bermudez,

Shailey is correct here - unfortunately the setting for the "default sender email address" is a global setting that is set in CSA/NSA, and is not something that can be changed per process or notification template.  Something like this would be considered an enhancement to the product.  You can formally submit an enhancement by contacting your CA Account team, they can get you set up on the new enhancement/ideation system in place for PPM.

Thanks,

Jon I.