Layer7 API Management

• 1.  SSO use

Posted Apr 19, 2018 06:45 AM

Hi All,

If I will use Single Sign On (SSO), by using "Manage Single Sign On Configuration" , what i will achieve by using this propert. Sorry to ask such silly question but i am not able to visualize the use. Please help me in understanding the concept and uses.

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: SSO use
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 01:30 AM

Hello Praty,

Would you like to know what's the "Manage CA Single Sign-On Configurations" task for?
    This task is used for setting the CA API Gateway to work with another CA product "CA Single Sign-On".
    Unless the CA Single Sign-On is available in your environment, this task is meaningless.

Best regards,
    Seiji

• 3.  Re: SSO use

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 04:42 PM

To clarify further, this specific set of properties contain the connection information to connect to a CA Single Sign On product instance. You can then use an Authentication assertion to authenticate a user against this CA Single Sign On configuration.

• 4.  Re: SSO use

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:43 AM

sso means you login once, then you can access different resources without login repeatedly.

Depends on what you want to achieve, the implementation is different.

A common use case/scenario is that you login to your company domain once, then you don't need to login again to your internal email, internal IM, internal website, etc. that how CA product "CA Single Sign-On " can help here.

If you are talking about login once on your device, then you can access a bunch of apps (based on gateway), then the MAG/MAS sdk can help you -- Mobile Single Sign-On Policies - CA Mobile API Gateway - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation