Rally Software

• 1.  Custom Reports

Posted Apr 19, 2018 09:06 AM

Our work hierarchy is Theme, Initiative, Feature, User Story.   I am trying to create a custom report for management with counts/statuses per project.  I see in the custom reporting tab that the dropdown menu contains 'feature' as the highest level of reporting.   Am I missing something?   Can this type of reporting be done?   Thank You

• 2.  Re: Custom Reports
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 04:30 PM

Hi Kathleen! I'm not sure where you're seeing this in Agile Central, So if you have a screenshot I may be able to help more. For your need, though, I would make a custom page with Custom Chart apps. I'd make an app for each Portfolio Item type you want to track, and make a column chart by each type. For instance, making the Custom Chart app settings like this:

Creates a graph like this:

(the x-axis has the project names, but I didn't put them in my screenshot for confidentiality)

If you're not familiar with custom pages and adding apps, check out Extend CA Agile Central With Apps | CA Agile Central Help. I can also give you more info if you'd like. Hopefully that helps!