Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

Java version is incompatible. Please run this converter with Java 1.5 installed.

• 1.  Java version is incompatible. Please run this converter with Java 1.5 installed.

Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:20 PM

Hello Guys, how are you ?

I have issues with the java version of the Client tool from the Governance (14.1). This error appeared when I try to initiate the connection to the CA IDM to import objects. 

My Governance is the standalone version.

The error:

What I already did:

1) Installed java 1.6 release 23 (64 bits);

2) Adjusted the Java path and Java Home;

3) Ran the command: caimport.exe -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -cp "..\lib\ca-connector-api.jar;..\lib\ca-connector-endpoints-common.jar;..\lib\ca-connector-informix.jar;..\lib\ca-connector-os400.jar;..\lib\ca-connector-teradata.jar;..\lib\ca-connector.jar;..\lib\eurekify-api.jar;..\lib\eurekify-common.jar;..\lib\opencsv-2.2.jar;" importfromca.ImportFromCa "SERVER" "20389" "im" "False" "20390" "etaadmin" "**********" TEST 

I tried to set the log level, however, I didn't find the correct configuration for that.

someone knows how can i fix this issue ?

• 2.  Re: Java version is incompatible. Please run this converter with Java 1.5 installed.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 19, 2018 01:39 PM

Ok, i found the solution.

The problem here is the windows has a copy of the java.exe, javaw.exe and  javaws.exe in windows/system32!!! When I installed the Java 1.6, it isn't enough only set the Path variables, it is necessary change in two more places:

and remove all java* in the c:\windows\system32.

After, i was able to connect!

Thanks!