Clarity

• 1.  Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:27 PM

People,

I have the version 15.2 of PPM Clarity and we have an error in Gant independent of the Browser used.

It happens the following:

When we have a large list of tasks and scroll down and up, the columns end up messy.

Has anyone witnessed this error?

The attached images has the error.

Tks,

Matheus S. Aires

• 2.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:36 PM

What is a long list?

We have a couple hundred tasks in our plans – not seeing the issue in 15.2, but perhaps a couple hundred is short in comparison to your list.

• 3.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 19, 2018 04:00 PM

list of tasks into a sequences
    in the two annexes appear the errors.

• 4.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 19, 2018 07:52 PM

Hi Vbarbisan

Could you please adjust the column widths and see if that helps.

Also, ensure you are using supported versions of the different browsers. 

Here is where you can check that:

Release Notes (On Premise) - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Shailey

• 5.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi Shailey, 

The problem is precisely the automatic adjustment of the columns, that does not occur and mess up the entire visualization of the columns.

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 20, 2018 07:14 AM

This looks a bit weird. Check if you are using a supported version of the Web Browser and if still you are getting the problem then try to see:

1. If you are getting the problem for all users? Login to PPM with some other credential using the same computer. 

2. If you are getting the problem for all machines? Login to PPM with the affected users credentials from some other computer. 

This might also be a machine specific issue. You will understand that by doing the 2 tests that I mentioned. You can share the results in this thread. Hope this helps. 

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:31 AM

Hi Abhisek,

I have already tested on all possible browsers and computers in the company.

The problem always occurred for all users and all versions of ppm.

Support has encountered the error on all versions, but there is no claimant report.

Thanks!

• 8.  Re: Performance error in Gant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 03:02 PM

Hi Vanessa, 

This looks to be a defect, as I can reproduce this. I'll follow up on the defect # and we'll update the post once we have a defect # on this one.

Regards,

Kristin

• 9.  Re: Performance error in Gant
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 04:16 PM

Here's the defect that's been logged for this issue: DE40518
    Workarounds:
    Option 1: Resizing the task columns to match the out of the box sizes will remove the symptoms.
    Option 2:The other option is to double click on the right hand side of the header of the first column having the issue (in the KB's example: the Start column). However, as you scroll down in the Gantt, you may have to continue to do this step.

Please let us know if the workarounds don't work. 

Also, here's the KB now published for this issue: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/gantt-column-alignment-issue-when-the-columns-are-resized/KB000092800 which we will update on the status of the issue.