Service Virtualization

• 1.  Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:35 PM

I have a requirement where I need to extract values from DB result and store them in properties.

I'm adding about 400 filters. But when I ran it, I get an exception as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Message: The number of filters on the step GetMultipleForecastsToAttach (400) has exceeded 100

| Trapped Exception: null

| Trapped Message: java.lang.RuntimeException

STACK TRACE

java.lang.RuntimeException

at com.itko.lisa.test.TestNode.checkForRunawayFilters(TestNode.java:1512)

Is there a way to increase this limit?

If not, then how can i achieve this?

J_NeSmith

monika_mehta

Deleted User

VenkatYedidaSyntel

VenkatYedidaCG

• 2.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 19, 2018 06:11 PM

Hi,

Add a "Do Nothing" step and split the number of filters on each step to be less than 100.

Vish 

• 3.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 19, 2018 06:45 PM

Thanks!

I feel so dumb not having thought about it...

• 4.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 20, 2018 04:50 AM

Hi Mallik,

If by this "I have a requirement where I need to extract values from DB result and store them in properties" you mean that you will take out some data out of DB(from a particular column) and then rest of the filters will be on that data (whatever you have filtered out from that particular column), then this approach of having multiple "Do nothing" steps will work.

But, if your Table has 400 columns and you want to extract all the 400 column's data in separate properties, then you will have to have 4 DB steps(with same query, of-course) with 100 filters each. I don't know of any filter which straight away stores the entire row returned by the JDBC step otherwise this scenario also would have worked with the "Do Nothing" steps approach.

Correct me if I am wrong. MarcyNunns

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:11 AM

Curious thought...  Could you use a Read Rows from JDBC Table dataset and allow DevTest to automatically create the filter(s) based on the column names returned by the query?

I am uncertain if there is a DT limitation on the number of filters or not -- 400 is a reasonably large number of columns for a query result.  Using a dataset will also provide the capability to iterate over the result set if more than one row is returned which may or may not be a requirement.

• 6.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:37 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. Actually I'm selecting four columns in the table and I'm looking to get 100 rows in the resultset. So 4 columns x 100 rows = 400 properties. I want to create all these properties in the DB query step and use them in the following XML request.

Reply by Rahul Verma is more of what I wanted.

Thanks much.

• 7.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 24, 2018 08:17 AM

ShubhamAryaMallikarjunMelagiri 

Please check if setting up below configuration properties lisa.prop files helps.

lisa.numFilters.warning=100

lisa.numAsserts.warning=100

• 8.  Re: Adding more than hundred filters in a teststep

Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:33 AM

Awesome!

This is what I was actually looking for.

Thanks much.