Rally Software

• 1.  create a theme

Posted Apr 22, 2018 08:10 AM

i am trying t o link two initiatives to a theme not seeing how to do it 

• 2.  Re: create a theme

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:37 AM

Hi Siri,

You can do this by going to the Initiative and selecting Choose One under the Theme field on the left and then selecting the desired Theme.

Alternatively, you can also do it by going to the Theme and then going to the Children tab. From there use the Choose button to select the Initiatives you want to associate. 

• 3.  Re: create a theme

Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:48 AM

I don’t have a theme set up I have initiative and feature as of now and linked I need to add a level more theme to the existing portfolio how do I do it

If I add a new portfolio type I will lose all existing hierarchy

Thanks

siri

• 4.  Re: create a theme
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:53 AM

Hi Siri,

Creating another Portfolio Item Type, like Theme, will change the hierarchy, but you can control how the hierarchy is changed. When a new Portfolio Item Type is added it will automatically be at the top. If this is where you want the type to exist then no other changes are needed.

If you needed it to be in the middle then you would need to actually change the name of the existing types in addition to creating the type so the hierarchy is in the order you want. You wouldn't need to actually rearrange the types, or to move items.  

An administrator can edit the Portfolio Item Types by going to setup by clicking the Tool icon in the upper right. Select the Workspaces & Projects tab and then locate the desired workspace from the list. Click it to go to its detail page. Select the Fields option from the list on the left and then choose Portfolio Item for the type. Locate the Portfolio Item Type field and click the gear next to its name to edit it. This will bring up an edit window. In this window you can create new item types and change the name of existing ones. It is not possible to rearrange them. Instead you would rename them so they are in the desired order. It is also possible to delete them, but that can be difficult so its important to be sure you want the new item type.