Service Virtualization

• 1.  enterprise dashboard and license questions

Posted Apr 23, 2018 06:12 AM

Am I allowed to have multiple EDs running with their own separate DBs? I have installed one for testing patches, testing upgrades and stuff like that. And I have an ED running in the 'production environment'. The actual environment my company users are making and running their VSEs and Test cases/suites.  When I am very strict I should gather all usage information from both the acceptance/test environment and the production environment and somehow combine this to have the actual concurrent usage info. Is that the case?

I assume I need to keep the usage info for at least the current year: the year in which the license is valid. Am I allowed to purge all data before the current year?

And what happens when I somehow lose usage data for example when I cannot restore my ED dashboard DB anymore after a crash. Am I then in violation of the license because I cannot provide CA with the complete usage info of the current year when requested for?

• 2.  Re: enterprise dashboard and license questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:31 AM

Hi,

Could you please clarify the version of DevTest that you want to use?

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: enterprise dashboard and license questions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 10:36 AM

Izaak,

Each Enterprise Dashboard will have its own database, but starting with DevTest 10.3.0, a new licensing model will be used, so it will matter what version of DevTest you are .

The Usage data is not allowed to be purged from the database, so it stays in the database always.

As far as if the Enterprise Dashboard crashes and you lose data, I would reach out to your CA Account team for their recommendation.

~Marcy

• 4.  Re: enterprise dashboard and license questions

Posted Jun 19, 2018 03:26 AM

Hi Marcy, 

Our customer has special arrangements I found out. We have multiple licenses that are not restricted to be only used for one specific machine (so not bound to a specific Mac address). Still we needed to contact CA for upgrading the license to a 10.3 license. The current license was not working although version 10 was in the list of licensed versions.

We are of course making daily backups of the EDB database(s) so we will not loose any data. When we upgraded from version 9.5.1 to 10.3 the data was preserved. 

• 5.  Re: enterprise dashboard and license questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 03:01 AM

Hi Izaak,

Did the answers from Marcy answered your question?
    If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

Thank you