Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Deactivate (forced)

Posted Apr 23, 2018 05:31 AM

What are the impacts of using deactivate (forced)?

1. What happens to the deactivated task in the context of the parent workflow?
    2. If the deactivated task is a workflow, what happens to any running child tasks?

• 2.  Re: Deactivate (forced)

Posted Jun 06, 2018 03:43 AM

Would it be possible to get a response to this? I can open a new support ticket if necessary.

• 3.  Re: Deactivate (forced)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2018 05:27 AM

What are the impacts of using deactivate (forced)?

1. What happens to the deactivated task in the context of the parent workflow?
    2. If the deactivated task is a workflow, what happens to any running child tasks?

I have done some quick tests; here are my findings:

1. If a task in a workflow is deactivated using the forced option, this seems to have no deleterious effect on the parent workflow or other tasks within that workflow. Only completed tasks may be deactivated, so the final status of the task will already have been stored in the context of the workflow before the task could be deactivated.
      I have not thoroughly tested things like retrieving the status of the deactivated-task, or fetching its reports. As the documentation notes, rollback will not work for tasks that have been deactivated in this way.
    2. It is not possible to deactivate a workflow that is still running. And obviously, if a workflow contains running tasks, the workflow will also be running (state “Active”).