DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:59 AM

What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?  I have an administrators group created and these users can delete devices from the USM, but want to give another group of users explicit access to perform this function without the remaining administration roles.  I checked the link https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-5-1/en/installing-ca-uim/discover-systems-to-monitor/advanced-configuration/delete-devices-in-usm but doesn't seem to cover this.

• 2.  Re: What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 03:42 AM

please confirm behavior with "Discovery Management" turned on.

• 3.  Re: What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?

Posted Apr 24, 2018 02:48 PM

Fantastic!  I tested and confirmed that enabling the Discovery Management ACL exposed the Inventory checkbox and option in the Actions to delete the thje device. 

• 4.  Re: What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2018 11:50 AM

Created a KB article:  KB000093628

What ACL permissions are required to delete a device from the USM in 8.5.1?

What ACL permissions are required to delete a devi - CA Knowledge