Rally Software

• 1.  Filtering on portfolio timeline

Posted Apr 23, 2018 12:44 PM

Could someone confirm in theportfolio timeline view that that filter icon only filters on themes, epics and features and will not filter based on defined milestones? For instance if I wanted to filter on the color of a milestone and only show  the yellow milestones and not the blue milestone that would not work, correct? At least that has been our experience so far. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:10 PM

Hello David,

You are correct that the Portfolio item timeline will only filter on Portfolio Item levels such as Features, Epics, Themes, etc. 

The following link will provide you with more information about the app.

Portfolio Item Timeline | CA Agile Central Help 

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline

Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:15 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Christian! Had consulted the help guide but didn't find anything about filtering options in it :-)

• 4.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 03:30 PM

Hi David and Christian,

When clicking the Filter icon , I can see Milestones in the drop-down, take a look.

Did you give that a try?  Or am I misunderstanding what you asked?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 02:50 PM

Hello David and Sagi,

Sagi you are correct that milestones is a listed filter option.  However, if you don't select it as a filter the timeline will only search on what's selected in the dropdown list which is epic, feature, theme.

Christian 

• 6.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline

Posted Apr 24, 2018 03:00 PM

Thanks Christian and Sagi for your responses!

Yes, I was looking for a way in the portfolio timeline to filter on milestones from the drop down menu. That doesn't seem possible as you can only filter on the types of theme, epic and feature. There may be a better view or way to filter out milestones we just haven't found it yet.

• 7.  Re: Filtering on portfolio timeline

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 06:09 AM

I think there might be an existing feature request for this type of enhancement. Its not currently planned, but additional input has been requested for it. If you have the time please take a look at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4550  and if its what you are looking for add your comments and vote to it to help it gain attention. If not you can also post this as a suggestion.