Gen EDGE

Expand all | Collapse all

internal fatal error

• 1.  internal fatal error

Posted Apr 24, 2018 06:05 AM

Hello good day,

i have a problem while trying to do a testing in cagen toolset and display the error above. please someone help me to fix with the error.  

• 2.  Re: internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 10:15 AM

Nur,

I did a search in our database and found the following case resolutions.

Resolution1:

Look for following things:
    * Views that are placed on the window in a listbox and are also placed on the dialogbox as entry fields.
    * Entry fields included with a group view but placed them seperately on the window.
    It appeared that customer had views that were placed on the window in a listbox and were also placed on the dialogbox as entry fields. The dialog box was hidden by a other field.

Resolution2:

- Cleaning up consistency check errors and remapping views.
    In this case, CC showed many errors. After removing unplaced fields from a
    screen, it worked well.

Cheers,

Andy

• 3.  Re: internal fatal error

Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:16 AM

Hello Andy,

Thank for your resolution. I already found it.

Newbie of CA

-amirah-

• 4.  Re: internal fatal error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 10:26 AM

Hello Nur Amirah, 

Here are some additional suggestions to help troubleshoot this type of error (* mentioned earlier):

Here are things to look for:
    1) This may be related to the same group view being used in more than one place (i.e. a list box and an entry field) on the same Window.
    2) Do you have a window which contains 2 listboxes of RGV's from 2 different entity types? If so, this is OK, but the following situations should not occur:
    a) List occurrence and list box on same window.
    b) List occurrence on primary window while listbox is on related dialog box
    c) List occurrences from 2 different RGV'S on same window or dialog box
    3) Is there an enterable list on a dialog box? If so, may need to remove it
    *  4) Views that are placed on the window in a list box and are also placed on the dialog box as entry fields.
    *  5) Entry fields included within a group view but placed them separately on the window.
    *  6) Check the window mapping
    7) Selection character is not in Import view or is hidden.
    * 8) Clean-up any consistency check errors

Thanks, 

Steve

• 5.  Re: internal fatal error

Posted Apr 25, 2018 07:59 PM

hi...

thank for help...i will find to find the error based on the solution you give me.

• 6.  Re: internal fatal error

Posted Apr 25, 2018 08:55 PM

hello,

RGV 's stand for what? 

i have one window that have more than 1 listbox.(i.e: there have 4 groupbox and every groupbox there have 3 non enterable list box with the same group view)

• 7.  Re: internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:13 PM

Hello Nur Amirah, 

RGV = Repeating Group View (the long name for Group View )

You will need to create a separate/duplicate group view to use for each non enterable list box

Regards,

Lynn

• 8.  Re: internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:39 PM

Hello Nur Amirah, 

In Gen 8.6 with a new model I defined a group view and then used it to create a non enterable drop down list box.

The toolset then prevented me from using the same group view to create a second list box.

Even when I tried to copy the first list box the toolset forced me to create a 2nd group view.

I am not sure how the toolset allowed you do this in the first place but perhaps an earlier version did not prevent it.

Regards,

Lynn

• 9.  Re: internal fatal error

Posted Apr 25, 2018 11:48 PM

Hello Lynn,

Did you mean like this one?

In the screen the listbox is non-enterable, the group view is different but the entity view is the same..which is i read from the same group table database..

• 10.  Re: internal fatal error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 02:39 AM

Hi Nur Amirah,

Using the same underlying entity across multiple list boxes with different group view/entity view names as controlled by the toolset design should not cause such a problem.

Per Andy/Steve's advice the root cause sounds more like at least one of those group entity views is maybe unknowingly being used elsewhere on the same window or a dialog box for that PStep.

If you cannot locate the problem using that previous advice I would suggest to create a support case so we can help to analyse a copy of your model in more detail: https://comm.support.ca.com/csupport/CaseManagement/cases/new 

Thanks

Lynn 

• 11.  Re: internal fatal error

Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:14 AM

Hello Lynn, 

Thank for your help. I already resolve the problem..Sorry for ask many times.