Service Virtualization

• 1.  Passing values between two transactions

Posted Apr 24, 2018 07:54 AM

Hi Team, 

I have one virtual service with more transactions(Different operations).

I need to capture the value of an incoming argument from one operation and be able to use this as a value for one of the tags in the response of another operation which is present in the same virtual service. 

How can I achieve this?

• 2.  Re: Passing values between two transactions

Posted Jun 02, 2018 05:00 PM

Hi Dhansekar,

Your question is not clear . 

What i understood is 

- You have a service with multiple operation 

- Argument is to be fetched when request is recieved on operation say A

- Using the same argument proeprty in response to another request for different operation say B 

Am i right ?

• 3.  Re: Passing values between two transactions

Posted Jun 04, 2018 08:15 AM

Yes Rahul. 

Your understanding is correct. Could you please advice how to achieve it. 

• 4.  Re: Passing values between two transactions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 08:32 AM

There are different ways of accomplishing this, depending on whether you're in a conversational transaction, whether you want to share values in multiple sessions, whether you want to enable tests to use the same values as virtual services, etc. Take a look at this blog entry for examples:

So you want to keep count in a virtual service? 

• 5.  Re: Passing values between two transactions

Posted Jun 04, 2018 03:54 PM

Hi Dhanesekar,

Approach 1:

The easiest and efficeint way is using SharedModelMap Java class . Class exposes Put (To create key:Value Pair) Method and Get Method to retrieve the same property .Follow Below Steps:

-  Add Dynamic java Execution Step and load object of class com.itko.lisa.vse.SharedModelMap 

- Call Put method and created a named property to store value 

Similarly as above create one more step by calling Get Method of same class to get the property value .

Try doing this in a test case . Create two test case one for creating property (PUT) and another for fetching property . 

Approach 2: 

Use a table to store proeprty value whcih you can fetch anytime and use as property in any response. 

But this is not a good way because it will increase execution time for Insert/Fetch.