Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

• 1.  I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 25, 2018 02:56 AM

I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

• 2.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:45 AM

The most simple way is to define a Workflow Object, make Job A and B part of it, use the line to build the dependency. Using the properties you can apply also definitions like run a notification object and what should happen if Job A fails.

Please Ignore the above. Miss interpreted you question. 

• 3.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 25, 2018 11:21 PM

try with SYNC object

• 4.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:16 AM

VidyaPraveenBatchu605049 could you please explain a bit more on how to use the sync objects for below scenarios.

1: Job B should run when Job A is running

2: Job B should NOT run when Job A is running.

Thanks

SHani

• 5.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:34 AM

Is Job A or B part of an other Workflow or independent scheduled? Does "B should not run" mean skip the activation or wait?
    With Sync the right Sync Status and addressing in Start / End / Abend Sync definition of the object it will work.

Samples you can find her but it has to be adopt to your needs:
    Sync Samples from docs.automic.com

• 6.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:46 AM

Hi Franz,

Thanks for the reply. 

Q:Is Job A or B part of an other Workflow or independent scheduled?

A:Job A and Job are independently scheduled.

I will explain my problem in detail:

Let say Box Job A is scheduled to run at 10:00 PM. If Job A is in running condition till 1:00 AM i want trigger one mail saying xyz process delayed. This is my requirement.

• 7.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:52 AM

Please use the MaxRunTime on the Job definition level in your case 3 hours. Here you can put a Notification Object in case of the MaxRunTime is reached. There is the Notification Object type Mail what will help you with sending the Mail to you, team mailbox or Ticket Mailbox. No need to use a Sync or 2nd Job to achieve this.

• 8.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:07 AM

If i give maximum run time as 180 minutes then job should not fail if its exceed the maximum run time condition.

• 9.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:11 AM

As long you don't use the cancel option, it will not fail if the MRT is reached, it will execute just the Notification you have place to send you a mail.

• 10.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:27 AM

As per your input i gave MRT as 180 Minutes.In the Notification Services area i got following Options:

1. Notification : Three Options:

a) Do not Notify

b)Notify unconditionally 

c) Notify Only if job fails

2. Id

3. Email Address

4. Message.

I want to customize my email content. Please tell me in detail how to achieve this because i am novice user of Autosys.

• 11.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:31 AM

Use the execute option and adress the Notification Object there where you set the MRT. Thats all you need to do.

• 12.  Re: I want to trigger job A if Job B is in running condition.  How to achieve this scenario in CA Automic Workload Automation?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:38 AM

okay thanks a lot for your response.