Clarity

• 1.  Actual Revenue editable hence Actual Cost not?

Posted Apr 25, 2018 10:01 AM

Hi All,

I was not able to find any answer on our client's question. "Actual Cost" field in Fin plan is not editable (which is of course correct), however "Actual Revenue" is editable which is very confusing for our customer...

As this field comes from virtual field "Amounts of periods" (naming from sandbox), it cannot be set editing separately by each field:

Note: When "Allow editing" is unchecked, nothing can be edited...But we need to edit at least Costs of course...

Does someone know how to achieve to have this field not editable?

Thanks a lot!

Matej

• 2.  Re: Actual Revenue editable hence Actual Cost not?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:42 PM

Hi Matej,

I also couldn't find any way to restrict just this attribute from being edited in the TSV, but the one thing I found is the following KB that references the issue you are hitting: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/the-cost-plan-actual-revenue-tsv-attribute-is-allowing-for-the-field-to-have-a-value-entered-when-it-should-not-be-editable/KB000058750. I checked in the KB and issue details, and it was also noted there that there was no workaround found unfortunately. 

Regards,

Kristin

• 3.  Re: Actual Revenue editable hence Actual Cost not?

Posted May 18, 2018 04:36 AM

Hi Kristin,

As there is no workaround yet, we had to solve it by ourselfves. As I though, it's very simple change and doesn't require too much effort. I suggest to fix it in next Service pack by official CA procedure. Thanks

Note: rewrite editable tag from "true" to "false" (like in above two actual values) in the file:

clarity/META-INF/revmgr/omd/costplandetail.xml

Matej