AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  I'm not getting emails for new Discussions

Posted Apr 25, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi,

In the old Automic Community I setup my profile to receive email alerts for any new discussions started.

I haven't seen these email since we moved to this new community.

Anyone know why?

JOhn.

• 2.  Re: I'm not getting emails for new Discussions
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2018 12:04 PM

Hi John,

With the change over from the Automic to CA Community.  There are some functionality changes within the profile preferences and some additional features that are available to us, as such you will have to re-follow the spaces.

For the new community we have 4 new "spaces"/places
    CA Automic Community 
    CA Automic Workload Automation 
    CA Continuous Delivery Automation 
    CA Automic Marketplace 

To get email for new activities you will need to "Follow" the space itself

Or Creating Custom Streams  (a new feature) if you want to follow something more specific (a place, people or tags).

In addition, within your profile preference, you can specific if you want to get an email for all activity or daily/twice a week/one a week summary

If you get a chance, take a look at this post  as it give a brief intro and where to start on some of the setting.

For a full guide through the community and its features, we have a guide outline here for your reference.

• 3.  Re: I'm not getting emails for new Discussions

Posted Apr 26, 2018 02:53 AM

Thanks You.

My preferences were good when I check them yesterday so I guess I just need to do the "Follow Step".

It's a bit strange though that existing users weren't made aware of this somehow.

There seemed to be very little communication about moving to the new CA website, not just for communities but also for all other functions.

Thanks.

John.