Koustubh Warty

Koustubh WartyApr 26, 2018 01:27 AMBest Answer

John Sebastian

John SebastianApr 26, 2018 10:19 AM

• 1.  Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Everyone,

I was about to configure 'Email Notifications' in the Enterprise Dashboard. However when I checked for the option, I could not see the option 'Set Email Notifications' option from the settings drop down.

I have Super User access to the DevTest. Do I need admin access to see them or is there a way to enable the option?

Features and Functionality of the Enterprise Dashboard - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Actual snapshot attached.

Thanks,

John

• 2.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:14 AM

What version of dashboard is this? Does not look like a 10.3 Dashboard.....

• 3.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:16 AM

It's 10.0.

• 4.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:27 AM

Just what I thought - that option is a part of 10.3 release. 

• 5.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:30 AM

Ahhh! Got it....

Is there any cost associated to upgrade from 10.0 to 10.3?

• 6.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 10:12 AM

Hi Koustubh.Warty , we are using DevTest 10.3 but we don't see the "Set Email Notifications" option in ED. attached the screenshot FYR.

• 7.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 30, 2018 12:11 PM

Hi Bala, Has this been resolved?

• 8.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted May 04, 2018 06:07 AM

Hi JS0019 its not yet resolved.

• 9.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted May 07, 2018 12:34 PM

Hi Koustubh.Warty,

Any other configurations required/missing to achieve the 'Set Email Notifications' in 10.3 ?

Thanks,

John

• 10.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted May 09, 2018 11:31 AM

Koustubh.Warty

Hi Koustubh,

Even we are using 10.3 we didnt see the option,Please find below screenshot.

• 11.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted May 11, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi JS0019 BalaSubrahmanyam,

I have raised an support case with CA regarding this Email option issue, received the below response. It may help you

"In 10.3 the licensing model moved to a transaction-consumption model.

When upgrading a license to 10.3, the "old" model is applied, and, since this is not transaction based there is no option to send email alerts regarding transaction levels.

When renewing your license, the new model will be applied - please see https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-3/en/administering/license-administration for more information."

Regards,

Balamurugan.

• 12.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted May 11, 2018 11:43 AM

Thanks, Bala...

So the new model will not be applied even after your upgrade to 10.3 on the current licensing model.

Therefore regardless of upgrade, the feature will be seen only after license model been changed to transaction-consumption.

Yes, I could not read the below note from 10.3 Release notes.

Features and Functionality of the Enterprise Dashboard - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Note: The email notification option provides valuable information and notifications on transaction usage for customers on the consumption-based licensing model. These notifications provide data on transaction consumption in relation to contractual limits

Thanks,

John

• 13.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 06:43 AM

John,

As long as your maintenance is up to date, there is not cost to upgrade to 10.3.

• 14.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:40 AM

Thank you, Reid,

So all I need to do, only the below steps and replace teh devtestlic.xml in the DevTest server and/or should re-install the new DevTest version 10.3 on the server?

To request a new license file, please follow the steps below:

1. Collect the Mac address of the machine where you will be installing the Enterprise Dashboard.
    2. Identify the name and email address to send the license file.
    3. Contact CA Support or your account representative to request a new license file and provide the details from step 1 and 2.
    4. The support team will create a new license file (devtestlic.xml) and send it to the email address identified in step 2.

You can download DevTest 10.3 directly from the Download Management section of the CA Support site

License Administration - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

John

• 15.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:51 AM

John,

You can either install it on a new machine or upgrade on the current machine. If upgrading on the current machine, then I recommend backing everything up before proceeding with the new install. When your maintenance runs out, you will need to provide a mac address when obtaining a new license after the maintenance renewal. You can still supply the mac address if you want if you are still under maintenance.

• 16.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard - Set Email Notifications option not available

Posted Apr 26, 2018 10:19 AM

Thanks again, Reid.