CA Service Management

• 1.  Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team

Posted Apr 26, 2018 06:13 AM

Hi Team

We have multiple different Teams who are using Incident form to create incident. Both Teams have few additional fields on IN Form to fulfil their need to create an incident.  Now we want to hide those fields such that Team A can see only their Fields available on IN form and Team B can see only their fields.

How is this possible? is there any steps by CA to hide the fields ??

Secondly... How can we enable Create a Change Order link on Employee role? For Request we need to install service in option manager ..but what about change order?

Pls advise

• 2.  Re: Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team

Posted Apr 26, 2018 06:47 AM

To have different forms for different Groups, you need to create different Form Groups and assign them to a Role, then give different Roles to the users in the Groups.

For the 2nd question, you need to modify the End-User role and give modify access in the Functional Access tab for Change Orders.

• 3.  Re: Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team

Posted Apr 26, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi Christi  

Is there any documentation for creating different htmpl forms (specifically IN, CR, CHG) for different teams? pls provide

For the second question..many thanks

One thing also i want to ask for IN , CHG and CR htmpl form that in sdm 12.9 ....we have many custom JS written in these htmpl files. and now we have implemented 17.1 sdm. can i simply copy these htmpl file to sdm 17.1 system? however i know i need to create addiotional tables n column in db...tht is fine.. but confirm me about htmpl files if these 3 htmpl files can be copy on 17.1 system and can run fine??.

• 4.  Re: Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2018 07:41 AM

Is there any documentation for creating different htmpl forms (specifically IN, CR, CHG) for different teams? pls provide

Yes, start at docops.ca.com, select Service Management and search for Form Groups.

One thing also i want to ask for IN , CHG and CR htmpl form that in sdm 12.9 ....we have many custom JS written in these htmpl files. and now we have implemented 17.1 sdm. can i simply copy these htmpl file to sdm 17.1 system? however i know i need to create addiotional tables n column in db...tht is fine.. but confirm me about htmpl files if these 3 htmpl files can be copy on 17.1 system and can run fine??.

These are all local developments, so I can't say they will work or not, but the usual approach when migrating to a new version is to test all local customizations on a new upgraded installation and make the necessary corrections if there are incompatibilites.

• 5.  Re: Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team

Posted Apr 26, 2018 07:46 AM

Ok Thanks

• 6.  Re: Incident htmpl and other forms use by multiple Team

Posted Apr 30, 2018 02:07 AM

Hi Cristi

i have modified detail_cr from and rename it as below highlighted and put that file in EMploye folder so that other Team can access their on separate cr form

I need to know ..on home.htmpl form. i believe this code need to be copy  and the name of the default form as highlited i below code shoould be change to 'detail_cr_c.htmpl' ...something like this....pls correct me...