Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to execute SSIS package remotely from a different machine using dtexec utility using command line ? 

Posted Apr 26, 2018 06:57 AM

I need to know how to  execute SSIS package remotely from a different machine using dtexec utility using command line. We will be actually using Automic tool to excecute SSIS package.

The SSIS package and the automic tool both are installed on different systems.

Thanks

Abdul Audil

• 2.  Re: How to execute SSIS package remotely from a different machine using dtexec utility using command line ? 

Posted May 02, 2018 12:12 PM

The best way to run remote commands from Automic, is to install an Automic agent on the target server and run your commands on that agent.  An alternative I sometimes use here is to use PowerShell remoting to run commands on a remote server, but this requires you have set up your own authentication solutions.

Pete

• 3.  Re: How to execute SSIS package remotely from a different machine using dtexec utility using command line ? 

Posted May 03, 2018 02:18 PM

This is more of a question of the limitations/requirements of SSIS and dtexec.  

In the Oracle DB world, SQL*Plus and SQL*Loader and similar utilities can be invoked on the DB server or on any other device that has the correct Oracle client and utility software installed. 

My quick survey on the 'net is contradictory - some say that dtexec command line can be invoked directly, others disagree.   You need to pursue this  yourself and try out the suggested options.   Additionally,

SSIS exposes a web service interface --- perhaps that is more suitable for your use.    NOTE:   You can invoke most WS interfaces from the Automic WS Agent, or write the code to invoke the WS yourself.

Patrick Higgins

• 4.  Re: How to execute SSIS package remotely from a different machine using dtexec utility using command line ? 

Posted May 07, 2018 03:47 AM

for mssql , you can use this query on db and then filter the return code.

DECLARE @returncode int

EXEC @retuncode = xp_cmdshell ‘dtexec /f “package_path\package.dtsx”’

Select ‘retuncode’+@returncode