Rally Software

• 1.  Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:35 AM

As a developer integrating with CA AC having a standards compliant API specification, OpenAPI preferably, would simplify building the shim classes. Does this option already exist or is it being planned? The v2/schema/ endpoint is not OpenAPI compliant.

• 2.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:59 AM

Hi Erick,

We do have an endpoint for Workspace. You can find it if you go to the WSAPI page and click on the Workspace link on the left hand side under the Object Model:

https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/ 

If this is not helping , then can you explain what you mean by "Open API" ?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 12:06 PM

OpenAPI specification

OpenAPI is a specific format for describing a REST interface to allow for code generation of client code. I am currently manually implementing endpoints as needed using the documentation that you referenced. This is tiresome, and I would rather not.

• 4.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Thanks Erick. 

We do have toolkits for specific code languages which you can find here:

Rally Software Tools · GitHub 

However, it sounds like it's not what you need. We don't have a converter between our WSAPI endpoints and OpenAPI.

It does sound like a good enhancement request which you are welcome to post to the Ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com  

If you are able to convert manually then it sounds like it should be possible to create a program or utility to do that, hopefully it can be implemented. 

It sounds like you are converting all endpoints. Why are you asking only about the Workspace endpoint?  

I included the references to the toolkits only for that perhaps you can find more on Workspace there which may help you with converting.

Let us know.

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:27 PM

Schema Endpoint

The schema endpoint is scoped to workspaces, because that is where customizations occur. That endpoint gestures in the same way that OpenAPI does, but not in a standardized manner. Since it is not standardized custom tooling would have to be written to generate calling code.

• 6.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:43 PM

Thanks Erick for explaining that. It sounds to me like something that we may want to offer. Will you want to consider posting that enhancement request at the Ideas site I had provided earlier?

Sagi

• 7.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:54 PM

I do not have access to the 'ideas' page.

• 8.  Re: Is there a REST endpoint to retrieve an OpenAPI specification for the workspace?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 05:19 PM

Thanks for explaining. To request access, can you please send an email to: ac-ideas@ca.com

This is what it says on that page (in case you can't get to the page):

Thanks again,

Sagi