CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Custom Table not able to extract

• 1.  Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:33 AM

Hi Team

Im extracting custom table from command but its saying table is not recognized..What could be issue?

• 2.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi Aamir,

Do you find the custom table zcr_submodule in ddict.sch file in the $NX_ROOT/site?  If not, you may not pdm_publish the custom table yet.

Regards,

Derek

• 3.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:47 AM

ofcourse i published all z tables...let me chexk ddict file n update

On 26-Apr-2018 8:39 pm, "Derek_Li" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:41 AM

Aamir, run this command

objnames|findstr "zcr_submodule"

if you don't see anything returned, then it means you don't have the schema for this table and that is the reason why pdm_extract failed.

did you publish the schema? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 26, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi Chi Chen & Derek

i cannot see in any custom tables  ddict.sch file.. even no output of the cmd u mentioned...although i have run pdm_published command...and i got wsp_schema file where custom tables created...

what could be issue?

• 6.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 02:18 PM

Aamir, hard to know what exactly is the reason you miss the schema...it could be the version control over  write it, or publish didn't run well. Please open a Support case so a Support engineer can work with you to get to the bottom of it. Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 02:21 PM

• 8.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:41 AM

One more point: the table name is case sensitive in pdm_extract command. Eg. call_req is not same as Call_Req.

• 9.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:23 PM

Hello,

I would recommend the following:

- On the SDM Server, run the command pdm_extract -f "select table_name from wsptbl"  Check to see what table names are returned, and if the table you are interested in is present in the resultant list.

- Check the ddict.sch and wsp_schema.log files to see if the same table appears and is present.

The first will confirm the exact name of the table you are attempting to extract.  The second will confirm if the table was build successfully (it'd have to be in the ddict.sch AND the wsp_schema.log)

Can you also confirm if you can extract any other custom tables?

• 10.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 27, 2018 01:24 AM

Hi David the cmd return the table names... so this is ok as the custom table exist in wsptble.

secondly i can see my table name in wsp_schema.log but not in ddict.sch file

no i cannot extract other custom tables also..

however, i just have delete all custom tables from wsptabl, wsp_schema.sch,wsp_schema.log,wsp_index.sch and rebuilding the tables and see.

• 11.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:50 AM

Hi Everyone

The issue has been resolved. I just created the tables again and publish ....and its now perfect and you can see other coulmns are now also created which is by default after running publish

and im able to to extract the table now.

Thanks

• 12.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:37 AM

I just need to share n ask one thing as below in snaphsot highlighted. Why sometimes getting this error to start services for performing auto failover....anyways it went successfully....wt could be reason of it? 

• 13.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 06:17 AM

Hi Aamir,

Do you see any entries in logs that can give us more understanding of the behavior? There might many reasons, but the logs might give us a forward path to understand that particular behavior. Do you have enough free resources on the server?

• 14.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 27, 2018 07:57 AM

Yes server has enough space

as of now i can see errors in intrvl log file....and the services are not starting on standby server....

wt could be the reason  of this sudden error?

• 15.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Hi Aamir,

"Server is not running" could be certain processes (like Tomcat) not completely start on the Standby server. In the following attempts, finally all processes complete start and ready. Then, the fail-over could perform. Check out stdlog on Standby server that became Background server. You could see the Service Desk services start messages. It may have more than one start around the time fail over. Also, the previous Background had the fail over message and timestamp in stdlog to give you date/time for the corresponding time frame in the (previous) Standby server related to the "Server is not running" you saw in the front end.

Regards,
    Derek  

• 16.  Re: Custom Table not able to extract

Posted Apr 30, 2018 01:43 AM

Hi Derek.

The issue has been resolved.i deeply checked the stdlog issue and there i saw checksum error...i also found related issue for this and ran pdm_server_control -v command on standby server and then start the standby service and it successfull.... anyways the issues has been fixed. but im still confused with this command when to run this and on which server specifically.. i will discuss this on another post. Thanks all for the contribution/.