DX NetOps

• 1.  Log file Processing

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:59 AM

Hi,

Can I process the log file data from any device and view it as alarm in CA Spectrum one click console without using southbound gateway?

I have collected logs manually and placed in Spectrum environment.But I have no idea how to read this files using spectrum and process the data.

I have seen "configuring CA Spectrum to process Syslog file match" but in that documentation there is no where mentioned how to read log files.

Can someone please assist me in this.

Thanks,

Sheethal

• 2.  Re: Log file Processing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 09:00 AM

The documentation that you refer to uses a systems management agent like CA SystemEDGE, NSM, or the SNMP Research CIAgent (also called IAgent in the documentation) to read the logs and send matching line in as traps to Spectrum for processing.  I've also used Rsyslog and the omsnmp module ( omsnmp: SNMP Trap Output Module — rsyslog 8.34.0 documentation ) to do this without an agent as well.  In any case, you need something else (could even be a script) to read the log file and send the lines into Spectrum for event processing.  Spectrum doesn't read raw log files residing on a file system.

• 3.  Re: Log file Processing
    Best Answer