Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Users unable to login

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:56 AM

Hi Team,

In CA API Gateway.At the time of setup i have created some users for accessing  Policy Manager.After 2 weeks we observed that it is taking 5 minutes for others users to login into the gateway.So to test I created the new users but new users also have same problem.But when I login through admin user i am able to login within seconds,For other users login is taking time and also loading the policies also nearly taking 3 or 4 minutes.I am creating users through create internal user option and assigning all roles except admin.Does anyone faced this problem.What may the cause of this behavior of gateway.Do I need to raise support ticket for this.

• 2.  Re: Users unable to login
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:53 PM

Hi d.pradeepkumar1,
    We have a documented work around for this issue here: Known Issues - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 
    Please try this work around and let us know if you have any other questions.

• 3.  Re: Users unable to login

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2018 11:46 PM

It maybe due to too many roles -- more roles assign to a user, it takes more time for permission control. 

A work around is to use the security zone. For more details, you may refer to,

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241785120-connection-to-gateway-broken#comment-242011928