Gen EDGE

• 1.  Assign custom CSS class into field from Action Diagram

Posted Apr 26, 2018 10:53 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new to CA Gen. Sorry if my question seems inappropriate. I've found 2 ways to assign css class style into window object. The first one is using custom video properties and another is using custom css file. Question is there a way to assign/change css class into window object from Action Diagram? I've tried using Set > Window Object > OLE Object Browser > Method : CssClass but nothing happen. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Assign custom CSS class into field from Action Diagram

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:22 PM

Hi Aidy,

Just confirming you are using Web Generation (rather than Web View)?

The OLE functions that are valid for Gen GUI applications are unsupported for Web Generation.

Unsupported Features in Web Generation - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

"All the Get and Set (for example, GetHeight, SetTop) functions use Windows API calls that need the HANDLE to a specific control or a window that is displayed on the desktop to get or set a presentation property of that window or control. These types of Windows API calls are not possible in a browser environment."

From your description it sounds like you want to dynamically change the stylesheet at runtime - correct?

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Assign custom CSS class into field from Action Diagram

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:58 PM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is my Generation Default.

Yup correct. For required entry field we need to change the style a little bit different from normal. We also need to change the button layout for status enable and disabled. Can we do it inside Action Diagram or is there other way to do it?

• 4.  Re: Assign custom CSS class into field from Action Diagram
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:41 AM

Hi Aidy,

I see you are using Web View because for Web Generation the TPMonitor property should be INTERNET.

CSSCLASS is explicitly stated as not supported in Web View here: Windows GUI Specific Features - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I am not sure if CSSCLASS would work in Web Generation but you can try it if you are not locked into using Web View,

Also please note that the Toolset should not be used for Web View generation and only Gen Studio should be used (the availability of Web View generation option in Toolset is a hangover from when generation was needed from both Toolset & Gen Studio and the option has not yet been removed from the Toolset)

Generating Applications in Web View - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Other than that maybe using an HTML Control (javascript) can achieve what you need: HTML Mode - CA Gen - 8.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Gen end users with more experience of Web client design might be able to provide more specific help.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn